Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One night last week my passenger side window got smashed in by some moron, and now I need a new window. I don't want to shell out a couple hundred bucks to a dealership so...

I'm wondering if the 87/88 passenger side window will fit on my 89? There is a 87/88 turbo in a junkyard near my place, and I could probably get the window off of it for cheap.

The body styles are slightly different from the pre-89s to the 89+s, but are the door measurements and specifically window measurements the same?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

P

·
0 Posts
I dont see why it shouldnt fit? they are all the same 86.5-92 are all the same doors and windows so i would assume it would work.

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
i also think it would fit....i have a 88 and a 89 sitting at my house right now....later today ill go and measure the window sizes and maybe that will give you a better idea.....

·
RIP 86.5 N/A, Hello 90T
2,293 Posts
I'm pretty sure that they will fit I haven't noticed any significant difference between the pre 89 and 89+, I hope you can get it for cheap. good luck

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will probably go to the junkyard and grab the window later today.

Thanks all for your help.

·
helps you jump higher
945 Posts
yeah I am about 99.9% sure they do, when I got my passenger window busted out I called around and a guy said he had a 87 window (I have a 89) and it fit, so unless he had a 89 and said it was a 87 it should work.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
The 91 has a different motor, but the glass should fit.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
WTF are you talking about, different motor? try a few mods, to bump the power, not a new motor....

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
oh:eek:

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went and grabbed the window today. It took a while to get it out. Also I had to shell out $40 for it, but I'm not complaining since it's definitely better than whatever the dealership would ask for. I'll install it later this week, hopefully it is the right size as you guys have said. I'll confirm it after I install.

This junkyard has a bunch of pretty nice cars that I can see potential in as projects, such as a old school 300zx turbo, an FC, two pre-89 MKIII's, and a newer 300zx twin turbo. On top of that some turbo volvos... the turbos are TINY on the "turbo bricks".

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It fits perfect. It was a bitch to install though since I lost one of the nuts that attaches the up/down harnessing to the window, so I spent a while looking for that, then said screw it and found a bolt that would fit. But it fits. ;D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts