0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
~ 12psi Youll know it when it happens.

Itll feel like a really harsh rev limiter

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what kind of numbers can he expect on a dyno and at the track (Stock wheel and tire)

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hard to say...

Maybe 260-275 rwhp if tuned at 12 psi

Maybe mid-low 14 seconds if you drive it like a champ

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
theres only one that I know of that is strictly an FCD and thats the HKS, I think our cars use the code K...

Its not smart to do that mod unless you know what youre doing.

If you boost much higher then 12-15 on stock fuel, stock HG, etc youre asking for problems.

Get an AFC and do a little fuel system work before you even think about an FCD

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have no experience with supras but I have the hang of the tuning concept I just need advise on what needs to improved or adressed to get around 350 hp with daily driver confidence

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Don't use the FCD unless you want to rebuild REAL soon. It is aweful easy to run lean with one of those. Get a real computer like s-afc II or emanage and do it right with some more fuel and air.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so the afc tricks the afm into thinking the boost is not too high and at the same time allows you to give the higher boost level that you are really runing more fuel to cool everything down a bit right

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
Your friend needs a combination of things to get past FCO. An AFM based fuel computer like the S-AFC or S-AFR cannot give you higher boost and run more fuel. The only piggybacks that can do that is the e-Manage and the discontinued VPC/FCON combo. The easiest way to get more boost safely is the Lexus/550 mod (use the search feature for more detail) combined with a fuel computer for fine tuning.

Simply slapping on an FCD on a 7m is a quick way to kill the motor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts