Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have an old 87 supra and i had an engine knock almost a year ago and ive been trying to sell it. :rolleyes: after a while of no selling and thinking and driving with a slow ass beater car...i cant stand it so i decided i want to drive the supra again...

the supra is an 87 n/a automatic..i want to make it a turbo 5spd.
the engine has an excess of miles..i plan on completely swapping that with a turbo (7mgte)
my transmission has had much better days and i decided id much rather have a 5spd if its gunna be a turbo.

heres my questions:

first im wondering the best place to get a decent turbo engine, and if there is anything im gunna need to know when swapping..(extra parts and such) im not personally be going to do it but i would like to know exactly what im going to need going into this.

as for the transmission.. im also wondering if theres a good place to get one of these..and if there are any tips on what id need to get this done. again, i plan on taking it to a mechanic but i want to know what i have ahead of me.

the body is in good enough shape where as its not worth it to go ahead and completely buy an already turbo supra.

also, if anyone can give me an estimate for parts and/or labor id very much appreciate it, Thanks.

-Reid

·
Registered
335 Posts
search my friend
there is a lot of post of this question already
but labor is always different.
just put in JDM or 7mgte engine there should be a lot of post of where to purchase engine.
for tranny just look around the sell section cause there is always one person parting out a 7mgte.
good luck

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am getting my replacment 7mgte soon. I paid 1,300 With the company puting in a metal head gasket for me...... ohh and a extended warenty. I already have the trans. you will be spending alot because you are taking it to a shop and there 70 an hour for labor will kill ya. wirign harness becuuse it is a totally different engine. I sold my 87 n/a, I just bought a turbo supra

good luck

·
1991 1JZ
1,157 Posts
check out drj's site 4cefed.com for parts needed for the 7mge to 7mgte swap...AND w58 to the r15somenumber i cant remember swap :D .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts