Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
Toyota's probably your best bet, you get the most metal, etc, from them.

·
slow.
1,016 Posts
pat! give it up! its not worth it :p

or let me put it this way... you'll pay more for each panel than you did for the car, from toyota that is. ;)

·
Offical MkIII Pushman
1,797 Posts
cant remember but i found a site they had the quarter pannel for like $600. try to find a junk yard might beable to get a better deal if u dont need the whole thing.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
TheHeffNerr said:
cant remember but i found a site they had the quarter pannel for like $600. try to find a junk yard might beable to get a better deal if u dont need the whole thing.
You'd be stupid to buy it from them then..

They're like $540 from Toyota.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I think I paid 400 for mine cut from a junkyard. had to pay in advance because they have to cut the thing.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
wh0wants2know said:
I think I paid 400 for mine cut from a junkyard. had to pay in advance because they have to cut the thing.
Wow, for that I would have gone to Toyota, you get a LOT of metal when you buy OEM panels. (all the way to the roof, around the back, into the door jam, etc. It costs less to put in a new OEM panel than to put in aftermarket ones, etc, because most of the seams aren't even visable. It replaces a lot.

·
Offical MkIII Pushman
1,797 Posts
Jeff Lange said:
You'd be stupid to buy it from them then..

They're like $540 from Toyota.
heh im not going to. was just a refrence of what i found it for. didnt check toyota.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
Yeah.

I actually ordered 2 new quarter panels for my 86 Corolla GT-S last week... found out this week that the PDC called and said they can't get them, even though they're not listed as obsolete. I was depressed about that.

The dealer gave me a deal on them (20% off), I paid $700 Cdn each... though I'm getting that money back of course... :( It'll take me more work to get the car done now, but oh well... I'll still do it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys for all of your replies, I’m going to keep looking and see what I can find. I found a guy that makes panels for the old Mr2 and other Toyota’s. His prices are reasonable (250 for the whole panel) and he told me he might be able to get them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts