Supra Forums banner
141 - 160 of 166 Posts

·
Question to suit.
3,561 Posts
I have always imagined what a 6262 will do through a Cartech intercooler.

Nice build up!

·
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
The rebuild looks nice!

I'll bump the thread to say thanks for the forum help.
-Andrew
Thanks! Not a problem haha, I appreciate the fenders.

I have always imagined what a 6262 will do through a Cartech intercooler.

Nice build up!
Thanks as well! The 57 trim was blowing some decently hot air at 20 psi even with the Cartech...IATs in a quarter mile run ran from 27*C up to 65*C (80*F to 150*F). I don't have an undertray, I was thinking about mocking up a flat piece of aluminum, tacking it to the bottom of the IC and bolting it to the front fender lip to see if that helps any.

Anyways, the 6262 should be interesting, I'm excited for spring.

·
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Summer update!

Trans is rebuilt, ATFSpeed MKIV valve body with a Lexus deep trans pan (stock one didn't fit), Ford Windstar electric fans (4400cfm) shoehorned in between the framerails which needed to be clearanced a bit (not too happy about that but they are awesome, track day guys love them). SP 6262 bolt on works great, but my Walbro 416 is maxxed out so I'll be buying a JMS Fuelmax on Monday and putting it in to see if I can max out my injectors.

Not only will the 6262 hit way higher numbers than the 57 trim but according to my VE map its much more efficient too (and keeps getting more efficient above 25 psi).

·
Registered
135 Posts
What rebuild did you go with? Do it yourself or shop install?
Am not sure that I am sold on the multiple seal issue on the accumulator. What I know of hydraulics, once one seal fails, there is a failure. Just seems to be more fluff than substance to them. The sprag I understand and should purchase for my transmission build.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Summer update!

Trans is rebuilt, ATFSpeed MKIV valve body with a Lexus deep trans pan (stock one didn't fit), Ford Windstar electric fans (4400cfm) shoehorned in between the framerails which needed to be clearanced a bit (not too happy about that but they are awesome, track day guys love them). SP 6262 bolt on works great, but my Walbro 416 is maxxed out so I'll be buying a JMS Fuelmax on Monday and putting it in to see if I can max out my injectors.

The walbro 400 can flow enough gas for well over 800 hp depending on what fuel your running. I saw your trap 111 in the quarter so that's roughly 370 rwhp you can easily double that power and still be ok on a 400 pump. If your fuel pressure is dropping I would look for restrictions in the fuel lines and also check your voltage at the fuel pump at max power it doesn't make sense that your losing fuel pressure. Also what size fuel lines are you running and you could possibly have a bad regulator.

·
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
I rebuilt the trans myself. I agree on the accumulators but was having issues and figured I'd buy them to try and solve an issue (that ended up being unrelated to the accumulators). Ah well.

Stock lines, running E85. Was actually E55 this time around but at 30 psi I don't think the pump can keep up. That's right around where it should give up (342 lph at 75 psi fuel pressure). If voltage is low for whatever reason the Fuelmax will cure that.

·
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 · (Edited)
Rewired the pump with 10 gauge tefzel, all is right with the world.

Ran an 11.62 @ 119, then ran an 11.8 something at 122 at a different track, both on street tires (R888s).

I need my power band shifted up about 1000 rpm, so I went to change cam timing, dropped the cam gear dowel pin aaaallllll the way to the bottom of the timing belt...so now I've got to take the crank gear off, which seems stuck of course, so the radiator probably needs to come out just to get this stupid dowel pin, then I have to patch everything back up. Couldn't be worse.

I'm talking with Bell Intercoolers and having them make an air to water intercooler as mine isn't cutting the mustard anymore. I've got a pump picked out (buying it on Black Friday) and tank already purchased:

Probably no more updates until Spring, when everything is done.

·
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 · (Edited)
New phone, new cabinets in the kitchen, more wiring done, car is coming along. Dowel pin back in its place, timing adjusted. A2W IC in place, needed to remove a bit of sheetmetal to fit the outlet side of the tank, as well as wedge the air filter next to it.

Driftmotion upgraded (thicker flanges, thicker pipe) stainless steel manifold...fittings just barely fit. If there was a low profile drain flange I'd buy it:

A2W IC shoved into place:

Clearance isn't too bad, its just about in line with the lower control arms...except its in the front bumper, so I'll need to make sure to not run into anything:

Sheetmetal needed to be cut out, red cap is the IC outlet. Air filter will fit between IC and outside of fender, barely. Not exactly professional looking but I'll clean it up when I have time and trim the rough edges.

Precision 6062 gen2:

Thought I'd have it done by now but as usual its a month or two out.

·
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 · (Edited)
So photobucket sucks and I need to rehost everything on a different site so they show up here...that'll happen sometime when I figure out which one is best.

I doubled up the exhaust manifold gasket and its not leaking, clearance still isn't there but its better than just one gasket.

Went back to stock style master brake cylinder, shouldn't have gone to a bigger diameter. New one doesn't leak and easier to brake now.

A2W IC works great, Stewart pump works great too. Hoses hang a bit low underneath the car but haven't snagged anything yet so I'm not too worried. The setup so far is great, thanks to E85 and thanks to Alpha for answering my unending questions and occasionally looking at my tune for weird stuff going on.

My R888s were getting worn, so I bought some 28x11.5x16 Hoosier QTPs which hook way better than I thought they would, even without a burnout.

Test and tune next Sunday the 13th, so I should have some decent times to post up in the afternoon. Ran 11.62 last year, this year should be much quicker.

·
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
Best time was an 11.0 @ 127, crap 60'. I never bothered to test it during the day when it was super hot....because it worked at night, and it didn't even cross my mind haha. Fiddled with timing and managed to get trap speed up to 129.3 (with an even worse launch), now to work on the launch and wait for the next test and tune.

Also, filter for my a2w IC tank is coming tomorrow, which will go in the feed line to the pump. That means I can run ice water, and my AITs won't start at 130* and rise to 170* during the run.

·
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #157 ·
LOL I know, its horrible! Sucks that rear fenders aren't a bolt on affair like the fronts.

Also, I installed an 170 amp alternator from Mechman. Part number is 13278170, its basically the 2JZ alternator and they supplied an oval plug to a round plug adapter. I needed to make a custom turnbuckle as the stock one did not fit, but man this thing puts out a constant 14.0V no matter how hot the engine bay gets or what the rpm is, its great.

·
Registered
926 Posts
That alternator sounds like a great improvement over stock. Can't wait to see some pictures of the whole set up.

·
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 · (Edited)
Haven't updated in a while!

Last year I ran a 10.67 @ 134. To try and shove my car in the 9s I got some lighter springs for the front end, an SP QSV, fabbed up a 4" downpipe that is getting ceramic coated atm to replace the Driftmotion 3", and had the intake manifolds ported and polished. Don't know if the porting will make a difference but its worth it to at least try.

edit: Also finished putting in a bunch of push-to-connect vacuum fittings, which are very easy to disconnect with your fingers compared to spring clamps which you need pliers for.

134 is enough of a trap speed to barely nudge into the 9s, so with a bit more power and a better launch I'll have a shot.

141 - 160 of 166 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.