Supra Forums banner

88 7mgte, no start after sitting in storage for 10 years

2K views 22 replies 3 participants last post by  Pvondrak1 
#1 ·
#7 ·
What I would do next is what I dont like doing and its being specification specific according to the fsm. So the fsm says psi says 7mgte to be 33-40 MAX on fuel pressure so if you have 45 psi there might be too much fuel being sprayed into the chamber at once causing the engine to not keep itself on.

Sent from my LG-Q710PL using Tapatalk

#16 ·
I bought my 89' Supra two months ago from a guy with 41 cars in a drive shed all Toyota and Lexus years from 71' - 96'

My red 89' was parked at the very back. He couldn't even get to it to take pictures.

It had sat since spring 2005 (14 years). Guy handed me the key and it took a few seconds of cranking but fired up, didn't even need a boost.

Interior is totally mint, body is spotless. Took a lot of detailing using clay and compound to bring the paint and glass back to mint from all the sitting dust and grime.

#17 ·
Ok, chiming back in, we have replaced the igniter, triple checked the timing and still no joy. Seems like on initial crank, the engine fires then is getting shut down. Then just cranks with a small ignition every 3rd crank or so. ECU seems to be telling the engine not to run...any other ideas?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.