Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So second MK3 supra for me potentially, you guys might swing my decision. Whats crazy its almost the exact same as my first supra 20~ years ago.
That said I am looking at an 88 with 50~k miles stock auto.
Head gasket for sure and shocks\struts (tems)have to be replaced, along with break everything by feel.
That said what am I missing, what should I check?
No fluid leakage nothing obvious, but with this older gen I am worried I am missing something thats not obvious.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If anyone "needs" a car 80's anything is probably a bad choice.
That said plans for now would to get her reliable, long term maybe a manual swap if I can source the parts over time.
Maybe do some things over time to get 350-400whp maybe not, really just a weekend car.
Like I said in my first post really just wanting to make sure I don't miss anything obvious.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sounds like alot work, but if you can get it for a decent price and you don't mind wrenching.. Why not? I just did a ton of work and alot more to go..

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
7M Fanatic
3,252 Posts
If you don't have a history on the trans, at minimum, have the filter replaced, and the fluid flushed out, where they hook up a pump to your trans, and fully purge it of the old fluid.
Just changing it leaves a LOT of old fluid in the converter, and the rest of the trans.

You can also read the thread in the MkIII Technical section titled 'Making the A340 last'.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts