Supra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was at the speed lounge meet today and they were having the free 1/4 mile, so i figured i should race my friends 89 NA rx-7 to bring back some of the old school imports. I should definately work on my launch....

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2.5in cat back and a k&n filter but thats it... i thought NA's should b runnning closer to high 15's

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
i wish i could of timed my na before i pulled it.

my na beat alot of modded cars. then again maybe its cause there hondas. :p

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Lookin good man.

·
Senior
1,484 Posts
Why was dude racing with his headlights raised? Looks like you had a good time though! I orignally picked the "Rex" FTW because of weight advantage

·
Sir Digby Chicken Ceasar
519 Posts
Why is that announcer talking?

·
Registered
503 Posts
lol i gotta show this to my buddy. He has a modded out na FC. Show his car getten spanked by a na supra.

·
It's only the beginning..
690 Posts
:lol: :rofl: Not bad at all!

·
89 Turbo
380 Posts
sacto-mkIII said:
lol i gotta show this to my buddy. He has a modded out na FC. Show his car getten spanked by a na supra.
the FC in the video ran a second slower than it should have stock. (asuming good driver and good motor)
still cool video, fun to see.

·
It's only the beginning..
690 Posts
snowball said:
the FC in the video ran a second slower than it should have stock. (asuming good driver and good motor)
still cool video, fun to see.
What about the fact that the car is old? :1poke:

·
89 Turbo
380 Posts
1988SupraDreams said:
What about the fact that the car is old? :1poke:
hence assuming its a good motor, besides its a rotory it should have been rebuilt once or twice by now :rofl: (i own a FC too)

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
i love those kind of races, thats not a bad time all things considered.

~scott

·
Not so fast!
457 Posts
viper92086 said:
so i was at the speed lounge meet today and they were having the free 1/4 mile, so i figured i should race my friends 89 NA rx-7 to bring back some of the old school imports. I should definately work on my launch....
Ah fuck man how often you go to E-town? That's liek 20 minutes away from me!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
heh my buddy's car is in pretty pristine condition both motor wise and body wise.. if u guys looks closely u can see my sawblades on his car lol..... btw this was at thespeedlounge meet.. theres another one on aug 8th free admission and free 1/4

·
FIX-R upper
567 Posts
Nos.. 60 shot! that will fix it.

Did you cherp your tire going into second, because my 89 N/A did when i had 245's on it.. but only on nice days. And it would sqweel a bit with the 225's. (set on sport with new shocks)

I used to launch it @ 3000 with 225's and 3400-3500 with some 245's, and it made nice power upto 6600 RPM. I'm sure with some springs it would make power to 7, cant tell you for sure tho.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts