Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, after hanging out with some people be a Mc Donalds, decided to leave. As I pull onto the main rd (Ft Campbell Blvd, right next to the Base) I catch a glimpse of some Blue underbody Neons comming up on me, so of course im like :lol:

So I start pacing the car, its a newer Eclipse, Has Exhaust and Aftermarket Tails, and is a really nice Blue color, it looked pretty sweet. Then I see this hotass chick driving it with no passengers, so im like Shit, she aint gonna wanna race, boy was I wrong.

I get beside her and start gassing it and letting off, finally she notices and gets into the left lane to pass the car that was in front of her and she takes off, and so do I. Pull up side by side to a Red, perfect.

Now theres some niceass Turbo cars around town that can kick my ass (FWD 4 Bangers), so I'm thinkin Should I pop the clutch and burnout, or really, really try.
I decide to try. So I let up the clutch and loose no traction, no idea what RPM's, she hits it like mad and I immidiatly start passing her and get about 2 car lengths but then when I hit 3rd gear, she comes flying up on me (Turbo musta kicked in) and she gets her front end near my rear, shift at like 6K into 4th then I lose her again. We played a bit after that, I would let her get beside me, she would take off like mad, I wouldnt even drop any gears and pass her within seconds.

We turned onto one 1 lane road, she was in front, up a steep ass hill, eventually turned into 2 lanes. At this point I was hoping she would pull over.
But I think she thought I was now a "Stalker" or some shit, cause we hit 2 Red lights and she stopped, and then rolled right through them, something I didnt wanna do, so I lost her :sadwavey:

Was funny to, at the first red, she hanged her hand out the window and twirled it in the air like nothin was goin on :lol:

I was kinda impressed, she drove and shifted nicly and kept up pretty well, and I know I heard a BOV. Hit 80MPH 2 times, and who knows what speeds when I was not lookin.

All in all it was fun as hell, and I wanted to get her Phone number, maybe I shoulda let her kick my ass :dunno:

But anyway, whats the stats on the newer Turbo Eclipse, I dont know if it was the newest with the Triangle style headlights or not, but I would definatley recognize the rearend (Her aftermarket Tails stood out like mad) I'm curious if it was Turbo 4 Banger or V6 :dunno:

G

·
that was definately the newer one. they come in a 4 banger and a v6 (the GT models i think) and they lost the turbo

·
GM Interior Designer
658 Posts
There is no newer turbo Eclipse. Are sure she didn't have one of those BOV simulator things? She probably got it at the same place she got her neons. :)

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These are similar to how the tails looked, and after seeing pics of the never Eclipse rearend, I can definatly say it was not the newest model, but this one instead (Mid/Late 90's)

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
Flea420 said:
All in all it was fun as hell, and I wanted to get her Phone number, maybe I shoulda let her kick my ass :dunno:

:stickpoke ofcourse you should have !!!! :rolleyes: hehe the world is a small place maybe you'll see her agaiN :)

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kuuligan said:
sounds like a scene from 3f3f
:blah:

So, cant seem to find any info, but anyone know the stats on what I guess is a 2nd Gen Eclipse?

·
IUCK FSLAM
277 Posts
Flea420 said:
:blah:

So, cant seem to find any info, but anyone know the stats on what I guess is a 2nd Gen Eclipse?
The gst and gsx had 210 hp. The NA's had 140.

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmmm, so which is which? GST and GSX are V6 Turbo and the NA 4Cyl is 140? Or is the 140 the NA V6?

·
GM Interior Designer
658 Posts
All 2G Eclipses are 4cyl. 2G's were from 95-99. The basket loop spoiler means it is a 97-99 (2Gb) if it came that way stock.

GS-T's and GSX's have the Mitsubishi 4G63 which is a 2.0L turbo stock with 210hp. T's are FWD, X's are AWD.
RS's and GS's have the 420A (Chrysler Neon) which is a 2.0L with 140hp.
Spyders either have the turbo engine or a Mitsu built 2.4L also with 140hp, but more torque.

The 3.0L V6 (and 2.4L I4) didn't come along until the 3G which is 2000+. Both are NA.

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ah, I see now, thanks for the info.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts