Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 88 targa that im putting a sub into. Its a 12" infinity kappa perfect. the problem is that i need to figure out a way to fit it in the back of the car and still be able to take the top off and store it in the back of the car. i dont want to remove my spare tire if i dont need to. i need about 10" of mounting depth for it. If anyone has any good ideas let me know.

·
can you not
2,087 Posts
I bought my brothers system from his truck. I folded the rear seats forward and sat the subs on top of them facing to the rear... no problem unless you're planning on having more than one passenger :)

·
Winter Sucks
99 Posts
Im having the same dilema as you " Want it all with good sound too " Was thinking of making molds of the side panels that wrap around the back hatch. I think a set of tens would fit in a custom setup(the magnet would face towards the rear marker lights) or Pioneer has a new 12" Sub thats only 4 inches deep if you flip your spare upside down or get a mini spare it might work. Let me know if you figure it out cause Im open to all ideas.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i posted this a while ago. i ended up getting an infinity perfect kappa 12.1d and i built a simple rectangular box for it. but i made the box 7.5 inches tall 22.5 inches deep and 15" wide then i cut a notch out of the board that goes over the spare tire and dropped the box down in there which gave me another 3 inches. then i recrapeted the back and used the same carpet on my box. it came out looking really clean and the sub hits incredibly hard for a single 12" and the top fits right over it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts