Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Now with less BHG...
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm more than likely going to be selling my baby, because I'll be transferring (I'm in the Navy) to Japan in about 6 months and can't take the car. So rather than store it and deal with all the problems associated with storing a car for 3 years without it being ran, I'm just gonna sell I think. It's got a few things done to it, and some stuff wrong with it, all in all, your typical MKIII.

First off, the good:

-Fludiyne Comp Radiator (Only 6 months old!)
-FAL 210 Electric cooling fans
-Ram Stage 2 clutch
-Lightened stock flywheel
-Greddy Profec B Spec II (read below for details)
-Will have 91-92 5 spokes and prolly new tires
-Old school Jasma-spec Apex 3" catback (Jasma=Japanese noise control, I.E. quiet...)
-Will include sawblades with "extra" tires for extra $ otherwise they'll be on ebay...
-Full stereo upgrade (custom Boston Acoustic tweeters in door panels, not stock locations...rockford fosgate's in all stock locations, clarion 10" sub [old, but effective] MTX Thunder 280W amp @ 1ohm, Kenwood CD deck (6 months old, can't remember model tho...CD, MP3, remote, etc...etc...)
-Rebuilt head, but due to the current issue of the BHG, this is more than likely compromised...

AND now, the bad...

- around 165k miles, but the bottom end is in good shape for its age
-stock turbo
-Needs new rearend (driveable, but not launchable, have one lined up for $300, low mileage 3.73 out of 92 turbo...)
-Possibly BHG. Will more than likely have this fixed before selling, so don't even worry. Will be composite H/G w/ ARP's
-Slight front end damage, body shop quoted it at $300 to fix, new paint and all
-Needs new instrument cluster, the stock one works fine, but the speedo "squeaks" from the speedo cable not mating firm enough with the back of the gauge...$20 fix...
-16 year old paint. Looks good tho, Carnauba wax every 2 weeks, clay bar every 2 months, looks almost new except for a few spots

The Profec was unfortunately exposed to reverse polarity (dumbass roomate, geez...) and doesn't work now. The car is back at stock boost levels, but I will include everything I've got for the car (various minor things I bought and never put on) and everything i have for the Profec (still have box and all non-used hardware)

Will entertain offers in/around $2,000 after the H/G is fixed, if someone wants it as is, make an offer. Car is in SE CT, will ship but it's up to they buyer to deal with paying for that. Either PM me or email me at [email protected]. Thanks!

P.S. Will post pics momentarily..

·
Now with less BHG...
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also, if anyone has a decent car they'd be willing to trade for it, lemme know. Considering all offers. Like I said, going to Japan, can't take car, might as well pass it on. Just gotta have wheels till I leave :stickpoke If anyone wants more pics, gimme an email addy and I'll send em...

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
heh cant you go to japan in like... 6 months ? :-\

·
Now with less BHG...
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, that's when I'm supposed to leave, don't have dates yet, 5-6 months tho hopefully, got a fiancee waiting for me over there :D

·
Now with less BHG...
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'll keep it mind, but $2000 is pretty much the lowest I can go. Like most MKIII owners selling their cars, I'm loosing my arse with that price, but hey, so it goes....

I know that's a lot for a BHG car, but I'm seriously gonna work on her tomorrow, I've still got a spare HG from the last time around, and if that's all she needs, cool beans. Gauge read hot last night, but that was air around thermo, so as long as it's not the head at fault and it's like I'm thinking it is (pinched gasket) I'll fix her tomorrow. If I do fix it, I'll delete and repost in a few months closer to my departure date. Tell you what, my aim addy is reedjsupra, if you want IM me sometime so I've got your addy, and I'll IM you when I'm ready again. Like I said tho, it's all dependent on if I fix it. If it's serious, then yep, you've prolly got a deal. Sorry, this is prolly pretty incoherent, but it's like midnight and I've had a few beers :) but I'll let you know alirght?

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
hey reed youve got more pics ? interior exterior engine bay

oh and where in the heck is SE... in CT O.O ? or what is SE ? lol ill mapquest it

:hail: Mapquest

·
Now with less BHG...
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, hehe, Southeast... It's actually in Ledyard. I can PM you the addy if you want... And I've got a few ext. pics, but I don't think I've got any engine bay pics. No digital camera :(

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
hehe aight man ill just see her next week than :)

·
Now with less BHG...
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's some more pics, can't find any of my engine/interior pics...Have 2 more, including my fav, but gotta resize...

·
Now with less BHG...
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My fav... Colors look most like they do in person in this pic...

·
Now with less BHG...
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A night pic, I love burgundy, it looks so good at night...

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
hehe yea burgandee does look good...

thnx fo the pics man

·
DDDDUUUUUBBBBBZZZZZZZZ
2,022 Posts
If you take care of the BHG and the rear end, I will give you 2 grand easy. Give me a buzz when you do.

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
he cant trade he's going to japan :stickpoke :D

·
Now with less BHG...
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Unfortunately, I got my deal the other day guys. And yes, the H/G is toast. Retorque did nothing, as the head bolts weren't even that loose. I apologize for taking so long gettin on here and saying something, but I've been having network issues (d'oh!) If anyone is TRULY interested in the car, I can put you in touch with the soon-to-be new owner, as he's a good friend of mine. In fact, the car's apart in his garage right now. But he's been converted I think, so it might be a lil difficult to wrench it from his hands :D Anyways, thanks for the interest guys!

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
heh... and i taught i had it set :( bah oh well....

·
Now with less BHG...
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sorry man, the proverbial sh*ts hitting the fan in my life right now, and as much as I hate to do it, I need to move it ASAP.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts