Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Do You Even HKS, Bro?!?
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
88 Supra turbo, targa, 5-spd. Runs good. Just picked it up, but am just going to sell it. Has a few problems such as dents, etc. Nothing major. Was originally gray, but at some point was repainted metalic green (sweet!!! lol). Has a gray cloth interior in good shape. 150k on it. Starts right up. Ghetto exhaust.

looking for around 1500 obo

Kevin

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
i live in sequim, wa. seriously buyer here! send me pic or if this sunday is good i'll come check it out. pictures would def. determine if i come or not though. cash ready in hand. few questions:
1. paint job 1-10...10 being best. (factor in paint fade/chipping/clear coat/over all finish)
2. all electrical work?
3.targa leak?
4. clutch feel?
5. mods?
6. interior 1-10? ghetto rigged anything or is it all stock? (factor in rips/color fade/ intact things)
7.previous maintenance known of?
8. why is the exhaust ghetto? fart can? cat back ghetto or turbo back ghetto?
9.tire condition?
10. lastly (finally i know im an ass for this..hehe) in your personal opinion will it get me back safely to sequim, wa.

·
Do You Even HKS, Bro?!?
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sunday will work for me.

1) I haven't had time to look it over too well, but I'd rate the paint at a 3 and the body at a 5-6.

2) Nothing that I'm aware of
3) I'll have to check, I just picked it up
4) clutch felt OK
5) no mods. I'll have to look more thorough, it did have a glass pack for a muffler if you call that a mod. I'm thinking I'm going to put a spare nice muffler on it that I have instead.
6)Interior - no rips that I'm aware of. Does need a good cleaning. Grey cloth.
7) none known
8) see 5
9) will need tires
10) I'll have to put some more miles on it, but I can deliver it for a small fee (mainly due to gas prices)

I should be able to get some pics tomorrow morning, I have an hour to run over there (it's at my buddies shop for storage)

Kevin

·
Do You Even HKS, Bro?!?
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With the paint, I just hate the color. We can also repaint it for you if you want for pretty cheap back to gray. We painted one of my white supras and it looks really good. Have access to a booth and proper equipment.

Kevin

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
Hey Kevin.. got any pics? I'm in Sacramento right now but pretty interested in this. I still have the last 88 I bought from you as well.. lol

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
oh sweet...show me some pictures then i will give you a def. time and date IF i decide i will give it a chance to come look. cuz 4 hour drive is long to me.

·
Do You Even HKS, Bro?!?
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just looked over the car more. There's a little more stuff going on then I had seen before, so I took a bunch of pics. Price will be negotiable. The nose bumped something as well, but I have a spare under piece to put under it which should straighten that all up. It also has the wrong rims on it in the pics, but I have the correct ones with crappy tires.

LMK
Kevin

·
Do You Even HKS, Bro?!?
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
i'll meet you half way and i'll pay you for gas...$80.00. regardless. that should be more then enough for a 2hour drive. i still want to see it up close and test drive it. tacoma is where i was thinking about meeting. tell me if thats good with you...i'll bring over $1,200 money order and pull the rest out of the atm for what i would pay for it...if i like it, i pull the money...give you the MO....you keep the title...i take the car. when the MO clears you send me the title. sounds good? if not its up to you. i just hate carrying a lot of cash with me. give me your number too. it'll be easier to talk

·
Do You Even HKS, Bro?!?
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wu_Tang said:
i'll meet you half way and i'll pay you for gas...$80.00. regardless. that should be more then enough for a 2hour drive. i still want to see it up close and test drive it. tacoma is where i was thinking about meeting. tell me if thats good with you...i'll bring over $1,200 money order and pull the rest out of the atm for what i would pay for it...if i like it, i pull the money...give you the MO....you keep the title...i take the car. when the MO clears you send me the title. sounds good? if not its up to you. i just hate carrying a lot of cash with me. give me your number too. it'll be easier to talk

Let me talk to my buddy with the truck and make sure he can do that. Yahoo maps it at about 290miles there and back.

I should be able to spend a little time this afternoon going through everything and I'll take it for a good drive.

my number uis 503-703-7422, just give me a call later today

·
The Radiator Man
1,362 Posts
Sweet pink on the steering wheel. :)

·
Do You Even HKS, Bro?!?
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wu_Tang said:

If you're interested I have more pics and want to talk over the phone.

LMK
Kevin

·
Registered
923 Posts
kylefoto said:
Sweet pink on the steering wheel. :)
Thats what I was thinking! Ups the value on that puppy a bit!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts