Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Yeeehaaa, Jester's dead!
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going single over the winter and will be running an SP-63, BL kit, S-AFC + VPC or MAP ECU (havent decided) and full fuel system. I am very interested in the Billet Design fuel system ( www.billetdesign.com ), my only concern is the injectors. They are 880's and I think this might be a little big for my application as most people use 720's. If they will work though that would be nice for if and when I get a bigger turbo. So my question once again, are 880's too big for around 500whp on pump and 600whp on high boost / race gas?

·
Yeeehaaa, Jester's dead!
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
720's seem to be good for 700whp which would be plenty for the SP-63, BUT I will probably upgrade the turbo at some point so it would be nice to use the 880's if they'll work. I'd imagine the S-AFC will be leaned out a LOT.

·
Registered
500 Posts
880's and I have a 61mm. Alot easier to do now than afterwards like you said. I just finished what you are doing. You will have to turn the fuel pressure down to 40psi w/ vacuum line off to get a good idle. -Jason

·
Yeeehaaa, Jester's dead!
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. 1Slow93, what are you using for fuel management? I was thinkin about the new Map Ecu, but theres a lot of cheap VPC's floatin around now so I think I might go that route, it's obviously proven.

·
SupraForums Member
1,540 Posts
I would definantly recomend it, I have been to billet design and have had some work done there and seen there work they do a great job, you will not be dissapointed ;)

·
Registered
500 Posts
VPC and Old school GCC. Check out the sc61 w/.58 dyno thread it is mine and you can see why I haven't done the AEM.... smooth graph. I am also using the "b" chip

Jason

There is a VPC on ebay now for $500

·
In front of you
294 Posts
But what's the downside of using larger injectors than needed at the moment? Hypothetically speaking - if i put down 600 rwhp now and i'm using 720cc injectors. Knowing that i plan to put down let's say 800 rwhp in the future, would it have been dumb to install for instance 1000cc injectors at once ?

·
Yeeehaaa, Jester's dead!
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The disadvantage would be that I am not on full standalone and it can be hard to tune low throttle setting and get a decent idle on say 1000cc injectors without a full standalone. I am not positive on this but thats what I've been told to this point.

·
Registered
500 Posts
That is correct.. since you aren't standalone 1000cc would be huge I am sure there is someone that has them. This might help on your decision. Ktrends uses the 880's w/ sp73, 4500 stall and he still has plenty injector left over. Another guy I know has the 74 w/ 6spd and he has plenty room left, oh and better yet PM TT_6SPD_95 he is running the 67 w/6spd w/880's.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I've heard that 720cc injectors top out duty-cycle when approaching 700rwhp. I'd much rather have bigger injectors and turn "down" the fuel-pressure, SAFC/VPC settings to compensate. I'd rather not run those 720cc's at max levels. Plus, the price-difference is negligable, and when you outgrow your sp63 and wanna go to a bigger turbo, your fuel system will already be in place.

FWIW, I'm gonna go with 80-85lb. injectors for a BL or SP 67 or 71, PHR stage-2+, or similar. I have the alphabet-soup, and don't plan on going AEM anytime soon, this shouldn't be a problem, from everything I've read so far, including idle, etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts