Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought 91 turbo supra wheels that are chrome but they look different form other rims ?? what rims are these off of???

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
i don't recall there being any chrome rims offered stock. the sawblades were the stock rims for 86.5 - 90. 91 and 92 got nice looking painted 5-stars.
here's mine, a 92:

oh yeah, the ones you showed (bishops car) have the newer supra (93 and up) stock wheels.

·
b00st junkie
433 Posts
those rims are on Bishop's car. They are mkIV twin turbo rims, which were offered in silver and chrome. The later year mkIII has 5-spoke rims similar to the mkIV, though not quite the same. Earlier year mkIIIs had sawblades, also known as pizza-cutters. Show us a pic of what you have and maybe we can classify them

B

·
0 Posts
They did not make or offer the 5 stars on the MKIII only did they on the 93.5 to 98 they offerd Ploished TT wheels that is IT they only had 2 Types on the MKIII and the were the AKA SAWBLADES and the from 89 and up they had the 5 STARS but other than that I don't know

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wheels

51Cards said:
:TTIWWP:

(sorry Bish... had to call it on ya ;) Can we see em? I can't think of any different ones off the top of my head)

these look like mine!!

·
My name's Scruffy.
1,566 Posts
BoostinMkIII said:
They did not make or offer the 5 stars on the MKIII only did they on the 93.5 to 98 they offerd Ploished TT wheels that is IT they only had 2 Types on the MKIII and the were the AKA SAWBLADES and the from 89 and up they had the 5 STARS but other than that I don't know
actually 1991 to 1992 supra's MKIII came with rims that looked like MKIV rims...the MKIII rims were 16" and the MKIV rims were 17" for TT and 16" for the N/A...

L

·
0 Posts
If they're already chrome and in good shape, leave em at that. I like chrome if it's 5 spoke only.

·
MKIV SUPRA FREAK
1,738 Posts
BoostinMkIII said:
5 star rims did came in the mkiii's but i guess you corrected yourself on that part but the 5 star rims only came in the 91-92 mkiii's..86.5-90 were the sawblades..;)

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
The dealers would often chrome rims... toyota, however, never did. That is why polished MKIV TT AND chrome MKIV TT exist. The difference is pretty striking in weight. I suspect the 91 5 spoke you bought were dealer chromed.

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
91-92 5 spokes. 16x7, same shitty size as the sawblades. They were offered in chrome and painted white with the white package but most of them are simply silver painted (look in the sales brochure).

MK4 17" rims fit the car so much better. Rides better, looks better, even smells better! ;) Toyota really should have given the MK3 17" rims stock.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I bought the MKIII 5-spokes for my '88T. From the side, I like the look of the 17" MKIV wheels better, but the offset is different from the MKIIIs and they sit further inside the wheelwells. That, I don't like. You can buy spacers to fix it though.

Anyone know the exact offset of the MKIII wheels versus the MKIV?

·
MKIV SUPRA FREAK
1,738 Posts
Bishop92T said:
91-92 5 spokes. 16x7, same shitty size as the sawblades. They were offered in chrome and painted white with the white package but most of them are simply silver painted (look in the sales brochure).

MK4 17" rims fit the car so much better. Rides better, looks better, even smells better! ;) Toyota really should have given the MK3 17" rims stock.
yeah my brother's 92' supra turbo is a white package and it came with white rims..:)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Toyota does a sorry job when it comes to wheels. The mk4 was the first time they did a decent job and did not put some anemic looking rim on the car. Even though the tires were skinny stock

joe

1 - 20 of 26 Posts