Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know how the cruise control on/off switch is configured on the steering wheel? is it 0v then 12v when pushed or is it the other way around? how bout the dash mounted switch for 87-88, is it the same configuration? the reason i ask is that i am going to hook the scramble boost control of my evc-iv up to the on/off cruise button on the left side of my steering wheel and put the 87-88 on/off control in place of one of my two coin holders between fog lights and rear defrost switches.

any help would be appreciated

adam

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
Sounds like a great idea, unfortunately I don't have any experience, but I think they work the exact same way, (IIRC).

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
For some reason I think the cruise control switches are less than 12v. I know the switch itself has some pretty serious resistance, like 400 ohms so I can't really help ya there.

Break out the voltmeter and get back to us and tell us how it works, sounds like a good idea.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i think that is what it is going to come down to...i could always hook the switch up to the scramble boost plug for the hell of it. it shouldnt hurt anything, all that trips the sbc feature is a connection between the yellow and orange wires(or so ive been told...can anyone clarify?)

adam

G

·
The on-off switch simply grounds a dedicated line, when you press it. It is a momentary contact.

http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/TSRM/be/BE_058.html
http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/TSRM/d/D_19.html

Cut off the wire near the cruise control computer, and connect it to the pre 89 cruise control switch. I don't think the light will work on the switch though, but I can look up how it's setup in my 88 TSRM.

Then use the original on-off switch wire for you scramble controller. Most likely you'll need a small relay or something to interface it to your evc-iv.

Don't disturb the other switches (and the resistors), or they won't work anymore. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts