Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running an 89+ lip like the bomex or similar on a pre 89 bumper, i really would like to purchase the cfx pre 89 lip but it looks like they are having some trouble getting carbon fiber so i dont know if thats gonna hapen and i need a lip asap since i tore off the stock one getting the car off the trailer. since these are readily available i wanted to know if anyone had them on their pre 89 and if so were there any modifications that needed to be done to make it fit.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
wont work. get an 89+ bumper if you want those lips

·
Take it!
996 Posts
yea...us pre89ers dont have too many options with lips...its only cf lip, stock lip or no lip at all, unless you fabricate one for yourself! sucks doesn't it?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that sucks, im gonna have to go get a whole new 89+ bumper setup or hopefully cfx can get some carbon fiber soon.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
If you flip the bomex 3 hole lip upside down it fits kinda nice, but not perfect.

·
daredevil racecar builder
2,094 Posts
blackout_89t said:
If you flip the bomex 3 hole lip upside down it fits kinda nice, but not perfect.
I don't see how there is anyway it would come close to fitting upside down. The bumpers are very differently shaped and it would look retarded upside down anyway.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
Dachande said:
I don't see how there is anyway it would come close to fitting upside down. The bumpers are very differently shaped and it would look retarded upside down anyway.
From what I can recall, it looked pretty decent.

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
blackout_89t said:
while YMMV, i have tried the OEM 2.5tt R brake duct lip on my <'88 car.....no way in heck it would fit- flip it upside down, stand on your head, whatever....no chance! :(

·
daredevil racecar builder
2,094 Posts
Jeff Lange said:
The 3 hole lip flows out to match the lines of the 89+ bumper. If you flip it upside down it's going to be at this angle (profile shot of car " \ " ) going back underneath the bumper..no thanks :)

·
Vietnamese Supra Owner
615 Posts
Jeff Lange said:

pics please.. :)

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
A few people have done it and it worked. I personally wouldn't do it, just giving out more options to people.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MKivSupra_Rob said:
they make them in fibreglass too
yea but it looks like they wont be taking orders for a while.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts