Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some advice. I just bought this car and had the smog test done at the test only. I failed because of high HC, here is my results:

%C02

%02

HC
15 MPH
max = 106
meas = 179 - FAIL

25 MPH
max = 81
meas = 84 - FAIL

CO
15 MPH
max = .70
meas = .16

25 MPH
max = .57
meas = .15

NO
15 MPH
max = 762
meas = 400

25 MPH
max = 701
meas = 241

The car has no mods at this point, and I'm not very technical. I called a mechanic and he said this make and model is notorious for needed the head gasket replaced and that is what could be causing the high HC, but that did not sound right to me.
Also, I read on another thread that it is important to have the car warmed up, when I did the test the car had been sitting for 4 hours and the test sight was only a 5 minute drive and so was definitely not warm. Is is possible all I need to do is warm it up properly before having it retested. I do not want to spend the money to retest if it needs work before I resmog.

Any help would be appreciated.

T

· Registered
48 Posts
the head gasket wouldnt be causing hi hc cause thats unburned fuel. i know my old supra failed because it had an injector that was leaking. you could check your spark plugs to see if there fouled out. does it run good?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.