Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
100% Stock
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the most accurate BONE STOCK numbers for 89 TTA Trans-Am's(the 3.8 GN engine).The reason i am making this post is because i have seen a fairly big difference in numbers on these cars and wondering which were the most accurate. I have seen 0-60 in 5.2 and all the way down to 4.6 seconds. the 1/4 mile ranging from a 14 down to mid-low 13'[email protected]

·
Registered
21 Posts
From personal experience and magazine testings I know that they are good for low 13s at ~104 mph BONE stock.

minor mods....and they are unreal.

N

·
0 Posts
A fried of mine here in NY has one and he has run a best of 13.69 at 103mph. They are very quick cars and can be made pretty fast for a small amount of money.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I agree with the idea that launching and big turbo car is difficult. Too much boost and the tires brakes loose.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Originally posted by BoostedToy:
<STRONG>What are the most accurate BONE STOCK numbers for 89 TTA Trans-Am's(the 3.8 GN engine).The reason i am making this post is because i have seen a fairly big difference in numbers on these cars and wondering which were the most accurate. I have seen 0-60 in 5.2 and all the way down to 4.6 seconds. the 1/4 mile ranging from a 14 down to mid-low 13'[email protected]</STRONG>
As with all turbo cars, driver skill will play a huge roll in et. Cars with peaky torque curves are very difficult to launch, even with an auto. You could easily see a full second difference in et on the same car from one driver to another.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts