Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When putting a 89T engine into a 87T chassis using the older square (now solid) motor mounts, Do you have to change the Aluminium ear mounts on the engine to the older style too?. The 89T used round rubber mounts between the ears and the chassis that look longer.

Thanks
Frank

·
Flying Dutchman Pilot!
2,171 Posts
I've got another question, not to hijack

Will my 89+ harness plug into the chassis harness (meaning all those connections by the fuse box) on an 86.5-88 car?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No - The connectors at the ECU change at year 89.

Motor mount help anyone - Please

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
Dog Licked Racing said:
No - The connectors at the ECU change at year 89.

Motor mount help anyone - Please
Yes, you will have to change the mounts on the engine of the 87 to the 89 mount and use the solid mounts because the cross members are different, i believe one is wider then the other... so to conclude, put the 87 mount on the 89 block and use the 87 solid motor mounts (Square) aight good luck, peace

·
Flying Dutchman Pilot!
2,171 Posts
I think you misunderstood my question. I am aware the ECUs are different. But lets just say my car is a 90 in perfect shape. I wanna put all my stuff in an 86.5 car. Can I put in my 90 ecu, 90 harness, 90 engine without a problem? I think where I will run into a problem is where the engine harness connects to what I call the chassis harness. In the area where the ecu is, there are connectors there that are permentantly in the dash. I don't know if they will plug in and also by the main fuse block. There are a bunch of connections there where the engine harness plugs into the chassis harness that I think have the possibility of being a problem. Dr. Jonez site says they wont matc up and I believe him, I am just wondering if anyone has verified this. Since I have my whole car I can actually swap chassis harnesses over, but I know that would be tons of work. Has anyone attempted that?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
joliroger4 said:
I think you misunderstood my question. I am aware the ECUs are different. But lets just say my car is a 90 in perfect shape. I wanna put all my stuff in an 86.5 car. Can I put in my 90 ecu, 90 harness, 90 engine without a problem? I think where I will run into a problem is where the engine harness connects to what I call the chassis harness. In the area where the ecu is, there are connectors there that are permentantly in the dash. I don't know if they will plug in and also by the main fuse block. There are a bunch of connections there where the engine harness plugs into the chassis harness that I think have the possibility of being a problem. Dr. Jonez site says they wont matc up and I believe him, I am just wondering if anyone has verified this. Since I have my whole car I can actually swap chassis harnesses over, but I know that would be tons of work. Has anyone attempted that?
i have the same quetion, i have a 86.5 supra 7m-ge , and i whant to swap a 7m-gte , what i need??? please, tell me the complete swap engine, ecu, harnees, mounts all that i need to run like a modern supra 7m-gte

sorry for my inglish i am from puerto rico , and i doing my best to learn .

·
Registered
135 Posts
the 90 engine harness will not plug up to the 86.5 chassis harness near the ECU. i know this cuz i'm putting a 91T into an 87T body and i've had the same problem. I'm using the old 87T engine harness.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what year and harness i need and ecu and flow meter??

can i make my car 7m-gte ??

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
toyotasupra86.5 said:
i have the same quetion, i have a 86.5 supra 7m-ge , and i whant to swap a 7m-gte , what i need??? please, tell me the complete swap engine, ecu, harnees, mounts all that i need to run like a modern supra 7m-gte

sorry for my inglish i am from puerto rico , and i doing my best to learn .

someone???????

·
Flying Dutchman Pilot!
2,171 Posts
Well it looks like unless you wanna change a shit load of wiring, 86.5-88 have to have the same harness/ecu and 90-92 should stay within their own. According to DR. J 89's are wild

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
joliroger4 said:
Well it looks like unless you wanna change a shit load of wiring, 86.5-88 have to have the same harness/ecu and 90-92 should stay within their own. According to DR. J 89's are wild
what do you say? all wiring?? lighs? and all that? or all motor harness?? i can go to a yunk yard and find 1 can anyone help me?? i know is hard but puertorican all you know are crazy!
i whant to buy a mapecu and i want my car to be like a tuyrbo model, tell me what specific harness i need!!!! thnx!!

·
SC400 Newb
1,438 Posts
I did this swap, but without an 89+ motor. The thing is, I ended up getting some motor mount brackets what looked to go with the motor, but it didnt line up on either side of the block. I would not think that they would change the block up, but you never know. I would set it in with the stock square mounts. It should line up just fine, but I would just the the correct mounts for the year of the car. If you have any more questions about the swap itself, I should be able to help better, but I just got lucky with a pre 89 motor for my 87 NA.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
rpk2012 said:
I did this swap, but without an 89+ motor. The thing is, I ended up getting some motor mount brackets what looked to go with the motor, but it didnt line up on either side of the block. I would not think that they would change the block up, but you never know. I would set it in with the stock square mounts. It should line up just fine, but I would just the the correct mounts for the year of the car. If you have any more questions about the swap itself, I should be able to help better, but I just got lucky with a pre 89 motor for my 87 NA.
ok thnx i need to speak whit you about the swap, you have a mesneger or somethnig to talk if you can speak spanish is beter, i call you but if not , my mesenger is [email protected]

or [email protected] for the yahoo mesenger

again thnx more help is welcom!!!

·
SC400 Newb
1,438 Posts
I have aol IM, MSN, ICQ, yahoo, just choose one hehe. I am rpk2012 on AOL IM, Yahoo. I am 34488769 on ICQ, and [email protected] for MSN.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks again (third or fourth time) to BoostAddctn for the straight dope... before this thread went OTL

·
V A S U P R A S
2,341 Posts
toyotasupra86.5 said:
what do you say? all wiring?? lighs? and all that? or all motor harness?? i can go to a yunk yard and find 1 can anyone help me?? i know is hard but puertorican all you know are crazy!
i whant to buy a mapecu and i want my car to be like a tuyrbo model, tell me what specific harness i need!!!! thnx!!
wow you sure park close to the wall!

is that RHD or what?

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
a70 said:
wow you sure park close to the wall!

is that RHD or what?

i think he crashed! :p i had to save that pic just now! thats too damn funny! :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts