Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Pfffttt
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just curious to see what it costs and parts some of you guys are using when running the 9.3-9.5 range. Thanks

·
Registered
285 Posts
Kind of a broad question. Depends on how you want to do it. TH400 6spd. With an auto it would be much easier. Not sure though I think you will get a bunch of different answers on this one because some people buy the best of product and some people just get the job done.

·
Bad RSP supra
1,089 Posts
aem ems, built motor, 272s, 71-76mm turbo, turbo 400, or 6 speed with a RPS CC or Tilton, the right wheels and tires, Tien's or HKS. Built motor you dont need but it wont last forever making that power and running those numbers. price from 10-30k depending on what you do and new or used parts.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
aem ems, built motor, 272s, 71-76mm turbo, turbo 400, or 6 speed with a RPS CC or Tilton, the right wheels and tires, Tien's or HKS. Built motor you dont need but it wont last forever making that power and running those numbers. price from 10-30k depending on what you do and new or used parts.
I am a little over half way there... LOL!!

·
Registered
657 Posts
another question...if your in the 9s...would that mean you'd most likely be in the 1000+ HP club?
One guy with like 800rwhp runs high 9's. Maybe about 1000HP at the crank. I think this particular person runs a T72 or something. I've seen small turbos do high 9's and low RWHP numbers posted on this forum before. Some guys make a life of running small turbos (I think it is awesome if you can get the setup right).

·
9's Club
5,340 Posts

there is actually cars in the 700WHP range running 9s. Larrabee pretty much hit the nail in the head, in fact darin did it with out cams so there is always that possibility too.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I would love a more indeepth list if anyone had the time to put one together what suporting mods you need and all that stuff. I am just starting done this road and would like to make sure that I am going the right way. I would also like the car to be very street driveable. thanks

·
Banned
2,133 Posts
I went 9.83 with the following:
TH400
SP74gts full kit
SP Fuel system w/95lb injectors
AEM
Greddy 3-row

Stock block
Stock head
Stock cams
Full interior + cage

ive got a little over 12k into my car right now

EDIT
oh and btw... she only made 611rwhp!
If you build it right, you dont need 1krwhp to go single digits... i plan on going 8's with around 800to900rwhp

·
Pfffttt
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I really appreciate the info here guys. The car Im looking to get is a 6spd stock twins right now. I am a honda guy. I actually have one that is in the 9 second territory. But its really hard to drive on the street. I build my own exhaust manifolds, intercoolers, charge pipes, and have a vast tuning knowledge. So a few things I wont have alot of money in. Im thinking of sticking with a twin setup using twin turbos. Just have to decide what twins to go with. But might also just stick to a 42r or maybe the 4094r.

·
Registered
424 Posts
TH400
SP74gts full kit
SP Fuel system w/95lb injectors
AEM
Greddy 3-row

Stock block
Stock head
Stock cams
Full interior + cage

ive got a little over 12k into my car right now

EDIT
If you build it right, you dont need 1krwhp to go single digits... i plan on going 8's with around 800to900rwhp
12k including install from SP or did you do it yourself? Just curious because Ive seen your car RUN!

·
Banned
2,133 Posts
I do my own work... However i will give SP the credit that Jerry will be assembling my block and they are taking care of the machine work (this is on my current build that should be finished within a month or so)

I'm cheap!

·
9's Club
5,340 Posts

EDIT
Cant wait to go to the track :) I wonder what my car its going to do with 700whp

·
9's Club
5,340 Posts
It could go 9's... or 19's. It all depends on your setup and your driving.

I can think of a certain '1K HP' supra that could barely run 14's. :kekegay:
Well, its identicall to the setup he posted, only i have a bit more power and nitrous added to the equation, and my car also has complete drag wheel and tire setup so, hooking shouldnt be an issue.....LOL hope its not 19s thats for sure.

·
Banned
2,133 Posts
Well, its identicall to the setup he posted, only i have a bit more power and nitrous added to the equation, and my car also has complete drag wheel and tire setup so, hooking shouldnt be an issue.....LOL hope its not 19s thats for sure.
you backing it up with a th400 on a brake? cuz if not i seriously suggest it!

i'll also warn you the stock block wont take it for too long (but this also depends on luck of the draw) cuz my 36k original mile motor only took three single digit passes before i spun bearings, blew rings, and bent a rod

·
9's Club
5,340 Posts
you backing it up with a th400 on a brake? cuz if not i seriously suggest it!

i'll also warn you the stock block wont take it for too long (but this also depends on luck of the draw) cuz my 36k original mile motor only took three single digit passes before i spun bearings, blew rings, and bent a rod
yes reverse pattern and trans brake :)....i'm already having another motor been built so as long as it does it once i'm happy :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts