Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
19in 795R HRE's FTW....
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First pass on the new setup with the car in almost 5 months. VERY first pass mind you. My 1-2 shift on the 9.3 pass sucked, I know. It was my first pass in months and it was all over the damn place:) 2-3 and 3-4 were better. Shifting was much improved on the 9.5 pass but I still had to really drive the car to get it down the track. 60ft's weren't very good but not bad for a poorly prepped track. I have a good rear end in the car finally so I intend on raping it out of the hole soon! Had the 1-2 shift been better and a straighter pass it would have easily been in the 9.20's. Then I just need a 1.40 60ft and some more mph. Where can I find a prepped track and 5psi more boost:)

1.50 60ft
[email protected] 1/8th
[email protected] 1/4

Car was ALL OVER the track. You will see it in the video. I'm still setting stuff up. As I said above I put the car together and tonight was the first night of test and tune since it's been running. It kinda lights the tires out of the hole and as soon as I grab 2nd it jumps way left.

I also ran [email protected] and I'll post that video too.

1.50 60ft
[email protected] 1/8th
[email protected] 1/4

You MD boys have some work to do:)

[email protected] Pass
[email protected] Pass

·
Registered
33 Posts
great runs nonetheless...keep up the good work!!!

P.S. What was up with all the bikes running tonight @ Firebird?? Seems like they would never end...{no pun intended of course ;) }

·
Nice ass huh?
822 Posts
Holy shit!!!!! You've got balls for shifting that thing right as it was getting loose. Pulled you right back.....is the suspension a little loose? Or maybe just an assload of power!?

Great job!

·
19in 795R HRE's FTW....
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to Dana Westover from Virtual Works for shipping me a billet idler pulley bracket via SW Air cargo! I needed a part that was in vegas and we flew it out here in 2 hours! It was great!

·
19in 795R HRE's FTW....
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
My car weighs MORE now than it did before. My new turbo kit weighs far more than my last. 3650 with me in it at the scales now!

I pulled the chute for the first time tonight too. That was fun as hell! Now I just need to figure out how to repack the damn thing.... haha

·
Registered
331 Posts
WOTM said:
My car weighs MORE now than it did before. My new turbo kit weighs far more than my last. 3650 with me in it at the scales now!

I pulled the chute for the first time tonight too. That was fun as hell! Now I just need to figure out how to repack the damn thing.... haha
Haha...Thats not easy though...I always let my dragracing friends to do that :D ...
What kit do you use today, any info on your homepage ?

·
19in 795R HRE's FTW....
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My current setup is basically this:

GT47-80 Garrett Turbo
Virtual Works Exhaust Manifold, 4.5in DP/MP/Catback
Virtual Works Intake Manifold
HKS 272 Cams
WOTM Built Bottom End
WOTM Built Head
WOTM Fuel System with:
1600cc Injectors
3 Walbro Pumps
Weldon Fuel Pressure Regulator
WOTM -10 Rail
WOTM Billet Fuel Hanger
WOTM Stage II Carbon Carbon Clutch (AKA RPS Pro Style C/C)
Greddy 4-Row FMIC
AEM EMS
Boost Logic Crank Pulley
WOTM Driveshaft
TRD LSD
AEM Cam Gears
HKS Twin Power DLI
WOTM 4in Chargepiping on the intake side
Virtual Works IC Piping on the Turbo Side
Custom Upper Radiator Pipe
Virtual Works Lower Hard pipe
Custom VW Water Neck

And of course the list goes on and on and on.... No NOS on the car at all...

·
Boost Junkie
12,385 Posts
Wow!

Congrats again!

Steve K.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Congrats Ryan, Not a bad pass for the first one out. Now bring that car to vegas next week where the track hooks, and run some 8's :).

Dana,
Virtual Works
8.89 @ 155

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Wowza!!!!!!!
Very impressive man...that will be tough to beat. I just can't believe you ran that time with a 1.50 60' and NOT power-shifting. Very nice man.
Can't wait to get mine back to the track with the setup. Now I just need to get a good tranny in it!!!
You will get it even lower in the 9's with a better track too!!!

Tim

·
Registered
133 Posts
Nice run Ryan. Way to hold on!

Looks like the Supras are starting to get good with the 6-speeds.

Congrats.

Chad

1 - 20 of 182 Posts