Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came back from Track, ran a new personal best [email protected] on 100 Octane, 30 PSI and Full weight (Minus Headlight),
heres what I have done.

Virtual Works 74MM Kit
Virtual Works Intake Manifold
AEM EMS
Stock block, head, cams, sprockets, Everything internal Stock!!
30 PSI on 100 octane
26X11.5X16 ET Streets on RX-7 Stocks (Rear)
16" CCW front

Like to thank Ben and Dana from Virtual Works for helping me tune the car, Tony and the crew from Final Stage for all the help getting the car together all week, and real special thanks to Elliott Nail, if wasn't for his help last minute with the Blow off Valve, never would've ran this time (Old blow off was leaking). Hopefully get Video up soon.

·
Boost Junkie
12,688 Posts
Damn,

Congrats on a killer pass!

Steve K.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Excellent time, and even more impressive considering thats on stock cams. Big congrats. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
790 Posts
Congrats... This is motivating to me since my car will be back with the 74 on it sometime this month.

·
19in 795R HRE's FTW....
6,305 Posts
Congrats Jack! Now put some real gas in it, run some real boost, and put some cams in it and see what it will run!

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Congrats, but isn't 30 psi mighty high for 100 octane?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Ryan, but we are done with this motor, got 105k miles on it, we were trying for the 9's for long time the way it sit, just about everyone told me is impossible with stock long block, so had to try it, just waiting for Adam to finish my other motor now then Ill be back again in a few months.

BTW good luck on tonite Ryan.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
talltrini10 said:
Congrats, but isn't 30 psi mighty high for 100 octane?
Ya, the weather was super cold so I think I got very lucky, no detonation at all. Orginally since is the last time out with the stock motor, we wanted to try C16, between the tires getting here late and had some issues with mounted all 4 wheels, we ended up with 100 octane which was the same tune from previous week so we knew it would be fine. But if we had C16 we would've bumped a few more on timing and couple more psi, but Im happy can't complain.

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Congrats on that 9sec pass! 105k mile long block and still pull's a 9 :eek: How stable was the car w/ the 16 ccw's and rx-7 wheels out back?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Chucky Doll said:
Congrats on that 9sec pass! 105k mile long block and still pull's a 9 :eek: How stable was the car w/ the 16 ccw's and rx-7 wheels out back?
The week before I ran with my 18x9 volks up front and the car was all over the place with a [email protected], thought I lost controll a couple of passes too. Last nite with skinnings up front was insane difference, the car was soo straight I was in shock. RX-7's are 8" wide so is works fine with the 11.5 tire, no problems at all top end. Caught a 1.52 60 the pass before too.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dblegle said:
Congrats!!! Welcome to the club. What clutch are you using?
Forgot the name of the manufacturer, but is the Feramic I think from HPC or something. Made over 60 passes and still holding, this clutch loves to slip, but I'm also not putting out near the power of some of the other guys, we estimating only at about 780 or so, so put this clutch in 1000 hp car not sure what it will do.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Congrats on the great pass.

Why does everyone think you need to use c16 to make power?

I have been making more power recently on VP105 since I'm on stock ecu, without the ability to bump up the timing my car dogs a bit on the c16.

On C16 I also need to run extremely small plug gaps and driveability sucks.

Next time out try the VP105 its still unleaded.

I have found the key to making the lower octane fuels work is to make sure your not mixing it with any pump gas, it needs to be pure.

I know most people on here go to the track to run as fast as they can no matter what.

And for you guys the C16 is key.

I for one use the track to make my car faster on the street, so using C16 which makes my cars driveability suck doesn't make sense.

Sorry for long post,

BIG CONGRATS on a good run...:D

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
team702 said:
The week before I ran with my 18x9 volks up front and the car was all over the place with a [email protected], thought I lost controll a couple of passes too. Last nite with skinnings up front was insane difference, the car was soo straight I was in shock. RX-7's are 8" wide so is works fine with the 11.5 tire, no problems at all top end. Caught a 1.52 60 the pass before too.
Thanks for the feed back. I have to find me some skinnies:) And congrats again..

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Congrats on the killer pass! Awesome for the stock longblock!

Do you have any pics of your car?

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
T78supra said:
Congrats on the great pass.

Why does everyone think you need to use c16 to make power?

I have been making more power recently on VP105 since I'm on stock ecu, without the ability to bump up the timing my car dogs a bit on the c16.

Next time out try the VP105 its still unleaded.
OT: If you pull the efi fuses and reset the ECU w/ C16 the ECU will bump the timing up for you. The stock ecu get's pretty aggressive. I've seen as much as 23-24 degrees of timing.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Chucky Doll said:
OT: If you pull the efi fuses and reset the ECU w/ C16 the ECU will bump the timing up for you. The stock ecu get's pretty aggressive. I've seen as much as 23-24 degrees of timing.
I do that, but have never seen that kind of advance, not at peak torque anyway.

I edited my post in anticipation for some flaming so you may want to reread.:)

I like tuning on VP105 since I use it all the time on the street and it doesn't harm the sensors.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts