Supra Forums banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
OUT FOX EM said:
Hey Jack, what car did you end up running in the end? Was it that turbo Camaro?
Ya was a Turbo Camaro with 76MM, he had some tunning issues so mid 10's was his fastest.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
94Snake said:
Congrats on the killer pass! Awesome for the stock longblock!

Do you have any pics of your car?
Just realize I don't have 1 pictures of the car, nothing speical just black on black with stock everything, and 98 headlights. I should get the video this week, and have someone host it.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Don't tell Saad!

·
Registered
746 Posts
Big Congrats Jack. Way to but vegas on the 6 speed map. Nice to see all the hard work pay off for you. Well deserved.

Dana,
Virtual Works
8.89 @ 155

·
Registered
183 Posts
team702 said:
Just realize I don't have 1 pictures of the car, nothing speical just black on black with stock everything, and 98 headlights. I should get the video this week, and have someone host it.
I got some video of your car running last night and Jay got some pics too. I unfortunately did not get the 9.96 though because I had to be to work in 3 hours, plus the track was taking forever. Anyhow, I can host the 9 second pass on LV Racing Scene and there will also be pics of your car posted as well.

·
Registered
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo 6spd
1,528 Posts
jack,

it was awesome to be able to be there and share the excitement
of going after a record and doing it! couldn't happen in any better way... final pass of the night, in the finals vs. a turbo camaro.. :)
he ran his best too (10.5) and made it a very good race

what can i say, you drove VERY VERY well and as everyone should be, im really impressed with the tune, your driving, your car, everything! i can't believe how you can hold 30psi with 100 octane!! but you really made the best of what you had. i dont think anyone else has ran a 9 with a 6spd on a stock long block even with c16??? :eek:

man watching and being out there made me itch to get my car back and up and hopefully have nearly as much success as you have with your car!!!

as dana said, great job for putting a vegas 6spd supra up high on the map!

well done and big congrats
jason

·
Registered
273 Posts
if you guys dont mind me thread jacking i wanted to know...Ryan is car nearing completion

·
Nice ass huh?
822 Posts
Great great run Jack!!!!!!! I know you were ready to give up a few times but man did it all pay off.

Oh and did i mention your a DRAMA QUEEN! Waiting until the last run of the night against the fastest car to pull out all the stops. Couldn't ask for a more dramatic finish. We seem to have alot of those here in Vegas don't we.

I couldn't be any happier for you! Couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy.....except for me:p But you know that i'll be there anytime i can to help you in anyway i possibly can.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Very nice run! Congrats.:)

What exactly did you do to gain 4mph in the 1/4 and 6mph in the 1/8 from your last run!!! Nice job.
Were the skinnies up front the only change to the car? I see that you are still running 30lbs of boost, 100 octane and stock cams just like last time when you ran [email protected]

Take Care

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
TT_6SPD_95 said:
Very nice run! Congrats.:)

What exactly did you do to gain 4mph in the 1/4 and 6mph in the 1/8 from your last run!!! Nice job.
Were the skinnies up front the only change to the car? I see that you are still running 30lbs of boost, 100 octane and stock cams just like last time when you ran [email protected]

Take Care
Only difference from the 10.35 pass was the front CCW's, Headlight out, and Brand new ET's. When I ran the 10.35 pass the car was still swaying quiet a bit top end, this time out was straight as an arrow so I can lay on the throttle the entire pass.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
M Miller said:
WOW! Congrats!! That's about as perfect as you can get... Well Done! :)

Matt
Thanks Matt and everyone else, I wish it was perfect, I cut a 1.52 60 in previous pass, and my 2nd gear was starting to go so kinda granny it to 2nd, and shifted to 3rd at 7800 instead of 8100 rpm, if we had one more pass with better 60 and shifting, think we may have able to cut a 9.7X @ 142 or so, but I'm on cloud Nine right now so not complaining one bit, but we hit our goal and is time to retire this old faithful motor, next time out with 400 more horse and a Cage :D and see if we can hit our next goal by Vegas meet.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
TT_6SPD_95 said:
Could you show us your timing curve you are using to run the 100 octane gas? That would be very interesting to see.

Thanks
How do i do that? Im not fully knowledgable with the AEM yet, is there a way I can download the graph?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
silvr94r2 said:
Great great run Jack!!!!!!! I know you were ready to give up a few times but man did it all pay off.

Oh and did i mention your a DRAMA QUEEN! Waiting until the last run of the night against the fastest car to pull out all the stops. Couldn't ask for a more dramatic finish. We seem to have alot of those here in Vegas don't we.

I couldn't be any happier for you! Couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy.....except for me:p But you know that i'll be there anytime i can to help you in anyway i possibly can.
Thanks Elliott, couldn't have done it with out your blow off last nite thanks again bud, can't believe you really came through :p , and what can I say, I work well under pressure, best reaction of the night was also that last pass.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
ScrewDrvr said:
where you using a 2-step? If so, what psi were you leaving the line at?
Thats a hard question to answer, we play with the 2 step, tire pressure, and riding the clutch differently just about every pass, so each pass we changed something on the launch, but that 9.96 pass even thought the 60's wasn't the best of the night, the 2 step was at 7100 rpm and around 8 psi, we were staying within 7000-7400 each pass though. Before the intake manifold went on we had the 2 step at 6700 rpm also with a mid 1.5 60', now is slightly laggier but alot more power same boost.

·
Damn Tree Huggers
116 Posts
Congrats again Jack. Hard work for everyone has paid off.

Josh (out Fox Em), I actually got a vid of the last run (9.96). I've been at work all day. I'll rip the video tomorrow night when I get off of work and we'll find a way to host them.

9 second car with such a simple setup. I'm sure this will motivate alot of you guys out there.

I still remember when Jack was shaking holding his slip. I think I got that on video too.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
team702 said:
How do i do that? Im not fully knowledgable with the AEM yet, is there a way I can download the graph?
Just do this...go to your ignition map and post the timing numbers for 30lbs of boost from 5000rpm all the way up.

Let me know if you don't know how to do this.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts