Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to do an engine swap in my supra. As some of you may know my other engine, the headgasket went, caused hydrolicing hammering out the #1 cylender bearing, causing it to spin. Poor oil delivery caused the cams to eat up the head...

Anyways, I picked up an engine from the autowreckers, and its from an 87 Auto, while mine is 87 5-speed. My wiring harness was kinda fucked up so we decided to splice the two... not an easy task, but first I let the engine turn over for a while before hooking up ignition leads. Once I did, I barely touched the key and she came to life. I don't have an afm for it right now, so it idled pretty high, but I'm putting one on it today.

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
Awesome:bigthumb: I just started mine a week ago after a engine swap, its a great feeling when works on the first try:D

·
Banned
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
conundrum07 said:
Awesome:bigthumb: I just started mine a week ago after a engine swap, its a great feeling when works on the first try:D
no shit eh... I have a hard time actually writing how I feel... its... so scattered to read, but those of you who know the feeling, its great.

3,796 Posts
I know exactly how you feel......it kicks ass! Good work and congrats!! :D

B

·
0 Posts
Congradulations, lucky bastard. J/K. I just finished a rebuild and I can't get her to start. I think the CPS is out of whack, needs to be re-aligned or some crap. I'm tryin to figure it out. The timing is dead on, but it jus cranks over and backfires through the intake. I'm gonna mess with the CPS today, hopefully I can get it. Maybe I'll feel good like you do, right now I'm bout to kill someone.

BUT CONGRADULATIONS MANE. :D

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
nope i dont know that feeling..the only feeling i know is..."yes she started up....oh shit whats that noise....boom boom bam!" well theres another engine shitted on!"

bleh........ can i borrow some of your luck?

·
Banned
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You don't want my luck... got canned today, finished splicing the harness, the car would barely start, then when testing connections I forgot the ignition was on... crossed a wire... zap, and now no tach, no check engine light... I'm thinking the tccs is fried...

IdealSupra said:
nope i dont know that feeling..the only feeling i know is..."yes she started up....oh shit whats that noise....boom boom bam!" well theres another engine shitted on!"

bleh........ can i borrow some of your luck?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts