Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was not able to go to english town this weekend but i just got word of this via email

here is the email"Mon, 7 May 2001 06:46:24 -0400
To: "North East Supras List" <[email protected]>
Subject: [nemkiv] Englishtown
Reply-To: "NorthEast Supras Mailing List" <[email protected]>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NorthEast Supras Mailing List - Respond to [email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ListBot Sponsor

Well went to englishtown this weekend and we know have one more Nine second street Supra ! I went a 9.81 @135 no NOS and then backed it up with a 10.00 overheating .First I woululd like to take the time to thank Ara and the bullish racing crew for all there support and help with my car couldnt have done it with out you!
Also hats off to the bullish team for setting there own new Record [email protected] 147 with no NOS

"

D

·
0 Posts
as I understand that car has a T78 or T88 and a 2 step... pretty impressive!

-wc

·
Registered
174 Posts
That is impressive! Anybody know more about this car?

I had planned to be there but got a flat tire on the drive up, with no spare. By the time I got the car home and the tires changed, it was too late to go. I would have loved to see this car run.

D

·
0 Posts
I think that PHR went 9s without nitrous before... but with an auto.

-wc

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Originally posted by Probe F1:
<STRONG>..But as they say in racing " if ya aint breaking something every now a then, ya aint trying hard enough"....Forgot who said it...Damn for all I know it was Vinny that said that :D</STRONG>

Now I remember who said that...It was John Hennessey after one of his 10 sec missiles burst a water pump at 190+mph....It was in MT mag......

I think Paisley did an 8sec run his best...The other two times they both ran was in the semis and they didnt go all out just enough to qualify...They "only" went in the 9's on those runs....The finals is where they both shut down.....It appeared that they each would have beaten those rotarys if their cars were running right....

Here are some non-Supra standouts:

Stephan Papadakis did an 8.5 at 174mph.....An especially ignorant run from Ben Ma in the white Ford Mucus er Focus 7.6 at 173mph........A Puerto Rican car that did 7.3 at 180mph 3 times.......Lisa Kubo hit 9.5 at 153mph and JoJo Kallas did 9.6 at 154mph......And the most exciting race of them all was between a Nissan Pathfinder and a Probe GT....The Probe did 15.1 at 92 to Pathfinders 18sec run.....I needed to towel off after that race...whew :D

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Paisley went 8.2 at around 160 on Sat. The wildest thing was Paisley when his car went vertical off the line. Front end really slammed and he had a big scrape on the rear bumper. Got it going again but something went wrong in the semis. Left after that. Ten had a problem also so no supra in the finals for pro comp. This will be on ESPN2 May 25 at 5:30 pm.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I was there yesterday and saw the car....I heard those same numbers. Unfortunately we got there too late to see the runs...Very impressive nums though....However I dont like the name Bullish....Me and my friends first thought it was Bullshit Racing the way it was written on the side of the car....But any company that can make a Supra do 9's w/o NOS can call themselves whatever they want...And that fine by me :D

I was disappointed by the efforts of Paisley and Vinny Ten...They failed to make the finals...We were all looking forward to a shootout between the two of them.....Tey both got spanked by rotorys....In their defense they didnt get good runs in the finals...They both shut down out of the box.......Paisley is usually consistent but I come to expect Vinny to break down...But as they say in racing " if ya aint breaking something every now a then, ya aint trying hard enough"....Forgot who said it...Damn for all I know it was Vinny that said that :D

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Ara in the bullish car went [email protected], no N2O and some other guy(Greek) did the [email protected] in an auto w/o N2O also. Did any remember Vinny's and Paisley's best times of the day?

N

·
0 Posts
Wow!!! Papadakis ran a 174mph trap speed??? Thats the highest he has ever run. Vinny Ten always seems to be very inconsistent with his runs. Its a real shame because that car has the power to run 7's. Paisley's car is a lot more consistent than Tens.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The supra that ran 9.81s @135 is pauls supra from frederick md and his shop is raceredi pro,t78 with gm auto tranny

D

·
0 Posts
oh he went to a GM trans? that makes that pass FAR less impressive to me... humberto ran that kind of numbers with a T78 and a toyota trans...

-wc

·
Registered
658 Posts
Originally posted by 4N POWER:
<STRONG>The supra that ran 9.81s @135 is pauls supra from frederick md and his shop is raceredi pro,t78 with gm auto tranny</STRONG>
ewww a gm tranny? BLEH
if your go auto go with the sound performance tranny, fuck that gm shit, plus ya cant get into a lot of the races because you have domestic shit on your car.

·
0 Posts
WC< It may not be as Impressive To Go 9s with a gm tranny But I ran nines and how many people can say that only a couple and deffenitly not you. If the toyota automatic is so good then why do the break so much , the tranny in my car is good to 1800 hp and has already shown good resaults and just think That was on 25lbs non NOS wait till I crank it to 30psi and turn my little blue bottle on you might see the fastest Unibody supra in the World.Also Ive been challanged by Jarret @ Power house to Race him in texas this coming month and Ill be there putting the full power to it

·
Registered
174 Posts
This car is very impressive no matter what trans it has in it. It takes quite a bit of skill to build and drive a car to the level that 9sec-t78 has acheived. We should be congratulating him, not knocking him.

Great job. Way to keep pushing the envelopeand raising the bar! I look forward to seeing it run.

D

·
0 Posts
so you put a GM trans in your supra... congratulations, now you're not eligible to race in any import classes... why don't you just put a 350 in your car too? lol

As for 9s, we'll see those soon enough with my car with a unibody AND a toyota trans, and drag radials too, to boot...

I'm not a very big fan of slicks on "street" class cars period, mainly because noone really drives around with them on the street, but I can certainly respect the accomplishments of supras running 6 spd or toyota automatic transmissions running slicks in either quick or street class...

I consider supras running GM transmissions to be mere curiosities like Paisley and Vinny and Russ M. running in the outlaw classes... or Mike Simon with the 4G63 powered CRX... or Top secret's 3SGTE or RB26 powered supras... or even Venom Racing using a 2JZGTE in a S10 <shrug> While they are cool, they aren't really relevant to true streetable supra performance.

-warren

·
Registered
165 Posts
Mark is right why are u knocking him for having a gm tranny . u should congratulting anyone that gets in the 9s and can still drive it on the street.

·
0 Posts
As a matter of Fact why dont you Check the rules for Nira Im very elligable for the Power 6 class , In fact I ran Power 6 this weekend and was #1 Qualifier . As far as NHRA and IDRC I have two other seats of wheels with ET STREETS and Drag Radials So Ill be more than glad to throw on some street tires.An dwhen you Run nines just let me Know Ill be shooting for the 8s . Also Is your car certified to run nine seconds????, do you have a nine NHRA 9 second licence????

D

·
0 Posts
I have a NHRA certified cage...although I will ahve to make a licence run in this specific car <shrug> That's great that you can run IHRA power 6 but good luck running in either the BFG ID drag wars events, or battle of the imports (maple grove) or even NIRA events... as I remember russ M was disqualified for having a powerglide during that event.

Any car running 9s is fast, but any car with a powerglide is in a different class altogether, in a class with PHR, Vinny, Paisley, and other cars that I described earlier, NOT in the street class as the original post mentioned.

-warren

O

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by drizzt3117:
<STRONG>so you put a GM trans in your supra... congratulations, now you're not eligible to race in any import classes... why don't you just put a 350 in your car too? lol

As for 9s, we'll see those soon enough with my car with a unibody AND a toyota trans, and drag radials too, to boot...

I'm not a very big fan of slicks on "street" class cars period, mainly because noone really drives around with them on the street, but I can certainly respect the accomplishments of supras running 6 spd or toyota automatic transmissions running slicks in either quick or street class...

I consider supras running GM transmissions to be mere curiosities like Paisley and Vinny and Russ M. running in the outlaw classes... or Mike Simon with the 4G63 powered CRX... or Top secret's 3SGTE or RB26 powered supras... or even Venom Racing using a 2JZGTE in a S10 <shrug> While they are cool, they aren't really relevant to true streetable supra performance.

-warren</STRONG>

Wow the jealousy here is amazing, No seriously didnt you say your car would run 9's LAST YEAR?. Give the guy a break, he ran a 9 and you're trying to put him down like you've done any better. Do you really think if he's running this car at the street races somebodies gonna have X-ray Vision and say "Well after using my special powers to see into the car I can see thats not a toyota tranny that just makes it less impressive". You're mentioning Aubi, how much NOS did aubi run??? I didnt know you owned Humberto's car why bring it up?. 9SECT78, great run and dont let the occassional jealous asshole put down or dampen your accomplishment.

PS. Dont worry about mystic, he owns an accord and is generally Warren's "mini-me"

[ May 11, 2001: Message edited by: No Seriously ]

1 - 20 of 44 Posts