Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I'm thinking of picking up this wing from a private seller.
Question is, does it seem like all is intact in the centre mounts? Does the rest of it look okay?

Here is the pic:

Is there some mounting screw/stud missing where I circled in red?

Here is a pic without the circle:

Also, how many mounting screws should it come with? Is this all of them?

Here is one of the end piece... Does it look right?

Some other pics:

I am going to be installing this wing on a pre 89 car.

Thanks

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm sorry.. those are the only pics I got... well i thought logically there were would be 3 mounting bolts on the centre piece of the wing.. but i guess there are only 2? I'm just making sure.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
my middle peice has 2 studs, 3rd hole is for the tail light wire. There are soposto be 6 clips total, so it looks like you have everything. Fitting the wing is the hardest part. I didnt use templates...I just used some whiteout on the tips of the studs and putt he wing down as i wanted it and drilled the holes...fitment is near perfect, but I would use templates...it gives u a more perfect fit...

also u dont have to drill those big ass holes in the hatch to bolt down the wing...just take the interior off the bottom of the hatch and u can fit a crecent wrench in there to tighten it down...looks cleaner ;)

·
Registered
299 Posts
NegativeGeForce said:
my middle peice has 2 studs, 3rd hole is for the tail light wire. There are soposto be 6 clips total, so it looks like you have everything. Fitting the wing is the hardest part. I didnt use templates...I just used some whiteout on the tips of the studs and putt he wing down as i wanted it and drilled the holes...fitment is near perfect, but I would use templates...it gives u a more perfect fit...

also u dont have to drill those big ass holes in the hatch to bolt down the wing...just take the interior off the bottom of the hatch and u can fit a crecent wrench in there to tighten it down...looks cleaner ;)

where do u get that wing on the top of the hatch?

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
its a rear sun visor. JDM or a replica which i think he got that from the group buy a while back.

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
dan... you use a WHAT to tighten it down???

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
flubyux2 said:
dan... you use a WHAT to tighten it down???
Thanks all for the replies... I did a quick google search on crescent.. to my knowledge is that simply an ajustable wrench or brand of wrench?

Looks like i'll be making an offer to this guy for this wing..

Thanks again

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
noooooo... crecent wrench is the adjustable wrench... a ratchtign wrench is what is pictured... crecent wrench SUX.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts