Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to know if a 900+HP drag raced Supra will be fine w/ the standard 2 -6 lines and 255 pumps, or are you guys doing something w/ -10, tees, triple pumps, etc? Thanks-Nick

B

·
0 Posts
define drag? is this a dedicated track car? if your looking for the optimal setup look into getting three pumps with the www.autobanh.com -10 fuel rail kit, if its gonns see the street more go with 2 pumps and a -8 rail should be enough.-Pdang

·
Registered
859 Posts
Run a -10 from the tank to the filter (Aeromotive).....then run a Y block into (2) -8's and feed directly into the fuel rail ....... -6 for return.....

·
Banned
297 Posts
Either -10 the rail with a -6 return or -10 to a Y to 2 -6 with a center return -6. Weldon makes the best pumps 2025 or 2035 depending on what kind of power you are trying to make, there regulator is also the best out there.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My car will see the track a lot and probably be around 900RWHP(SP74GTS+ cams), but I definitely want a in tank pump setup, just wondering how to plumb a 3 pump setup. I have an SP rail(5/8 ID) and an aeromotive regulator. I know a -6 setup would probably be adequate for now, but after I build a shortblock the car will probably have a GT47 on it, so I'm planning for the future.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Run twin 255's and twin -6's or -8's to the front...easy and fairly cheap setup...will safely support 1000whp...Weve dyno'd cars running just one 255 and they were putting down 600whp which is the outer limits of a single 255 so twin 255's will give you the capacity you need...

Dave

·
1400rwhp/8 Sec Club
2,832 Posts
NSANITY said:
Run a -10 from the tank to the filter (Aeromotive).....then run a Y block into (2) -8's and feed directly into the fuel rail ....... -6 for return.....

exactly what i have..... and three 341 Walbros in the tank.

·
Do You Even HKS, Bro?!?
1,493 Posts
Dave
Clean out your PM box...or shoot me an email

Kevin

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SteelCitySupra said:
exactly what i have..... and three 341 Walbros in the tank.
How do you hook 3 pumps into 1 -10 line? Is there a 3 -6 to -10 distribution block available or something?

B

·
0 Posts
Ex5.0 said:
How do you hook 3 pumps into 1 -10 line? Is there a 3 -6 to -10 distribution block available or something?

No their isnt....you would either have to modify the crap out of your factory hanger or buy the ryan woon setup which I plan on doing.goodluck. -Pdang

·
www.aapmotorsports.com
140 Posts
The complete fuel kit we use on the drag car can be purchased from our online store. Our setup is a drag kit of course with external Weldon pump and 1600cc inj but we also have various 1000rwhp setups that include everything you need and are more street worthy.

·
Banned
942 Posts
I'm running 3 Walbro 255s. 2 go into a -10 and one into the stock line. Of the 2 going into the -10, one is on all the time, the other comes on after 15psi of boost. So I always have 2 pumps running and the third comes on only when needed. This keeps the FPR working properly. You can program that into the AEM.

Then, I run the stock line into one side of the fuel rail and the -10 into the other side.

There are plenty of ways to skin this cat, that's just what we did.

Chris.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SteelCitySupra said:
More or less the 3 pumps feed into a "collection box" which feeds the -10 line.
Care to elaborate on this collection box, or do you have pics. I'd like to somehow run 2 -8s from the rail into a -8 to -10 tee, run a -10 to the back of the car, then somehow tie 3 255s into the -10, having 2 run all the time and one turn on under 10+ psi boost. Of course I'm really interested in Chris'(HPF) setup too, although my SP rail has 3/8 NPT ports on the end and I'd have to check if they made a -10 to 3/8 NPT fitting...

·
1400rwhp/8 Sec Club
2,832 Posts
Ex5.0 said:
Care to elaborate on this collection box, or do you have pics. I'd like to somehow run 2 -8s from the rail into a -8 to -10 tee, run a -10 to the back of the car, then somehow tie 3 255s into the -10, having 2 run all the time and one turn on under 10+ psi boost. Of course I'm really interested in Chris'(HPF) setup too, although my SP rail has 3/8 NPT ports on the end and I'd have to check if they made a -10 to 3/8 NPT fitting...
well you would have to fab it but its not that hard.... think about it.

You got the 3 pumps with a line coming off of the pump and you have to some how attach that to a -10 line. How are you going to do that??? Either have some crazy ass fitting. Or make something that has the 3 feed into it and have 1 line exiting AKA a enclosed "collection" area.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
SteelCitySupra said:
well you would have to fab it but its not that hard.... think about it.

You got the 3 pumps with a line coming off of the pump and you have to some how attach that to a -10 line. How are you going to do that??? Either have some crazy ass fitting. Or make something that has the 3 feed into it and have 1 line exiting AKA a enclosed "collection" area.
I understand it could be fabbed and had a picture in my head, but didn't know if the "collection box" you had in mind was an off the shelf distribution block or something from Earls, aeroquip, or whatever. I looked on WOTM.com at their 3 pump setup and I see that you can buy his "collection box" separately. I also see from your TO4R.com writeup that you have a WOTM hanger. You could have just said that. :)

·
"Philzilla"
694 Posts
1500hp+ Fuel System

FYI: The 1500hp+ fuel system I offer uses 3 fuel pumps, an custom in-tank 3->1 adapter, and then a -10AN line all the way from inside the tank, through a -10AN fuel filter under the car, up to a "Y" which splits -8AN lines to the ends of the fuel rail. The 2nd fuel pump is triggered at 5psi, and the 3rd is triggered at 25psi. Intelligent relays ensure the 2nd and 3rd fuel pumps stay running between shifts (i.e. if there is a brief drop in boost). This is also the system I'm running in my Supra.

·
1400rwhp/8 Sec Club
2,832 Posts
pwpanas said:
FYI: The 1500hp+ fuel system I offer uses 3 fuel pumps, an custom in-tank 3->1 adapter, and then a -10AN line all the way from inside the tank, through a -10AN fuel filter under the car, up to a "Y" which splits -8AN lines to the ends of the fuel rail. The 2nd fuel pump is triggered at 5psi, and the 3rd is triggered at 25psi. Intelligent relays ensure the 2nd and 3rd fuel pumps stay running between shifts (i.e. if there is a brief drop in boost). This is also the system I'm running in my Supra.

You dont have 2 pumps running at all times??? Doesnt seem like enough fuel to me. I have 2 pumps running all the time then the 3rd pump turning on at 7psi.

I dont know if that is the way to go for "1500+hp"

1 - 20 of 29 Posts