Supra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
That stang it a mid to low 9 sec car. If they went longer chris would beat him. I think if he brake boosted it would be better.

For comparison sake:
Same notch - less tuning, no bottle, shitty TK 600 Transmission, and 18s
Cobra - KB, 623whp SAE

http://srvidz.vidiac.com/video/2ecf2b83-cb61-4620-95d7-796722c91b4d.htm

Needless to say, the notch is ALOT faster now.

some older vids of the notch
This was a while back..

Notch - Vortech T-Trim, stock block 347, 3550 Transmission, 3.73s, 18s w/DRs
Camaro - Built LT1, 200 shot, built 4L60, slicks, shit talker
http://srvidz.vidiac.com/video/1aa4cd15-cd6a-42a3-afa6-1d094493c43b.htm

·
805 Posts
Taking back nothing from that stang, but why the fuck did he let off in 5th gear? scared of getting beat straight up by a big turbo 4 cyl?

·
ORLANDO FL DRAMA TOWN
1,029 Posts
OH and there saying on another forum that the mustang was spinning ,if u hear the mustang engine it shift gear smooth ,and u never hear over revs like if it spinning or him playing with the gas and that sideways u see on the mustang is the mustang swerving because of the tires too low on air.. ,,,

I think if the evo brake boost, and a driver that knows how to be on his rpms when racing he would it walking hard..

·
Registered
354 Posts
ContourSVT said:
I'm not sure if the stang was just puffing smoke or spinning the tires but looked like either he let off or the Evo was getting him. I'd say option #2 but still not bad for the stang.
There may of been a hint of tire smoke at first, but the stang likes to puff some some as it gets on up. It was just a short sprint between some friends, 40-135ish.

The mustang is fasttt, if that was ever in question! He should be hitting the 1/4 tonight, so I'll probably go out there and film. His [email protected] pass was done with a not so good 60 foot, so hopefully he can get all of that dialed in tonight and make a few deep 9 sec passes. :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
RYANT said:
I think is the evo brake boost, better driver that knows how to be on his rpms when rcaing he would it walking hard..
Yea..he is still getting used to the car, which he will openly admit. Some more seat time and it will be just fine...it's a completely different animal from the 35r setup! The spoolup shot wasn't used here either if anyone was curious.

·
Banned
2,655 Posts
Yeagy said:
Taking back nothing from that stang, but why the fuck did he let off in 5th gear? scared of getting beat straight up by a big turbo 4 cyl?

If you look at the vid the stang appears to be pitching wildly. The Notch is clearly a quicker and faster car. I would like to see that race at the track.

good night

·
Registered
273 Posts
cut the evo driver some slack how many people do you know that can jump in a 903whp evo and drive it perfect.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Laser90 said:
cut the evo driver some slack how many people do you know that can jump in a 903whp evo and drive it perfect.
Not many. Even pro drivers have to do shake down passes and deal with tire spin or shake, clutch issues, etc. the first couple times out.

Look at AMS's shop car with the new set up at the track. It's a perfect example.

Putting down that much power with no traction problems is just as much of a feat as building a car that makes 800-900hp.

·
Banned
2,655 Posts
If this guy cant figure out how to push the gas down from a roll in a fucking AWD car. Then god help him if he ever goes to the track.

·
ORLANDO FL DRAMA TOWN
1,029 Posts
Ball Bearing Supra said:
If this guy cant figure out how to push the gas down from a roll in a fucking AWD car. Then got help him if he ever goes to the track.
hahahahahahah

·
ORLANDO FL DRAMA TOWN
1,029 Posts
KevPSR said:
Yea..he is still getting used to the car, which he will openly admit. Some more seat time and it will be just fine...it's a completely different animal from the 35r setup! The spoolup shot wasn't used here either if anyone was curious.
hey why u guys didnt race him again? Nice evo man

266 Posts
I say the race is too close to call. The stang had a bumper for sure when he let off so I guess the stang won in a sense. Both very fast cars. Must have new vid to tell for sure.

Both fast cars. Props to both.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry about the bad link i posted.... I just cut and pasted it. Now I think I know why the stang let off. Looks like its an automatic (A4) so maybe its geared for the strip so its possible he was already at the end of his revs and no more gear to go into ?

·
Registered
354 Posts
ContourSVT said:
Looks like its an automatic (A4) so maybe its geared for the strip so its possible he was already at the end of his revs and no more gear to go into ?
The C4 is a 3 speed, with 3rd being 1:1. He can take it up to 7500 or so, which should be around 155 or 160 I think someone calculated. It pulls hard all the way till it tops out.

Once again, they were just running for fun.. so no biggie.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow I didnt realize that the automatic will go that fast even when geared steep. Didnt think of the high revving engine. Still very impressive stuff. Badass cars for the street.

Side note, one of my favorite foxes is this one

http://04snake.com/movies/347Stroker_Wnos.wmv
http://04snake.com/movies/347Stroker_incar.wmv

I'd guess that this is not as fast as the fox with the charger but I'd love to see it run the AMS. I think its a simple setup with a 5 speed.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.