Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, so happy to find a large group of such knowledgeable people! I have a 91 supra turbo car that I’ve been dailying for a few years. Replaced the head gasket probably 5 years ago when I bought the car. Came around a corner and it started sounding/acting weird. Idled low and tries to stall. Has a miss and really struggles to move. Exhaust sounds like it’s leaking now but I really don’t think it is. Oil/water clean. Any ideas? Blown head gasket? Happy to provide pics and more detail! Thank you so much-Ryan

·
Registered
228 Posts
Could be all kinds of stuff. Need some pics and more info.
Might even be as simple as a vacuum leak. Check hoses and go from there.
Any milkshake evidence in oil or water?

Reactions: Texas Grandma

·
Registered
125 Posts
I would check for air leaks from the turbo all the way to your throttle body. Un metered air coming into your engine causes strange behaviors similar to what you described...I'm still a novice but thats my 2c and where I would look first

·
Registered
1989 Supra 1jzgte/R154
42 Posts
If you do suspect any mechanical issues with the engine such as blown headgasket and you have no obvious issues such as a vacuum leak I would personally start with a compression and leakdown test on the engine. If it is hurt you will want as little run time as possible to do as little damage as possible. Also check for codes to see if you have any present indicating the possible problem?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I think this forum should have a new rule. We get so many of these one hit wonders where someone posts a question and then never comes back. I suppose on the one hand it gives us something to do and some speculation to post.

But what if the registered newby got a warning "You have not checked on your thread for 48 hours. It will be deleted tomorrow"

This gent is a perfect example. Hasn't been back since posting it for 4 days.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I think this forum should have a new rule. We get so many of these one hit wonders where someone posts a question and then never comes back. I suppose on the one hand it gives us something to do and some speculation to post.

But what if the registered newby got a warning "You have not checked on your thread for 48 hours. It will be deleted tomorrow"

This gent is a perfect example. Hasn't been back since posting it for 4 days.
I'm not an experienced mechanic but I have done some bit of wrenching. I've made my fair share of shit posts and comments but at the end of the day were all here because we needed help at some point in time. The best solution really would be to have a live chat. Wrench at home, but don't wrench alone ;)

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I like that viewpoint! I've had my kiester saved a few times in the garage posting "Real TIme" posts on something I need to get squared away. With the laptop in the garage I can check every few minutes to see if anyone's chimed in. So, a chat would be a great addition, but I'd imagine the site is limited by its existing software.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I like that viewpoint! I've had my kiester saved a few times in the garage posting "Real TIme" posts on something I need to get squared away. With the laptop in the garage I can check every few minutes to see if anyone's chimed in. So, a chat would be a great addition, but I'd imagine the site is limited by its existing software.
Last forum I was on that did a major software upgrade never recovered and it's gone. (granted it was tropical fish) One post 6 days ago and he's gone???/

Happy Thanksgiving everyone

1 - 15 of 15 Posts