Supra Forums banner

'91 JZA70 R Edition

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  KevinM 
#1 ·
This was the car as of 2010:
The hood fell victim to to sun fade, VIS Racing replaced it with a carbon fiber oem style hood.

Around 2013 I also scored some used carbonfiber headlight covers and an East Bear replica lip to hold me over until I can afford to paint the car:

By 2014 I have started to accumulate a lot of parts and put them in.
So far I've basically been replacing wearing parts & sensors plus going BPU:
2JZ 440cc injectors
2JZ map sensor
2JZ water pump
Mishimoto electric fans & Aluminum radiator
Walbro 255 fuel pump
new timing belt/pcv
IAC block-off plate installed (oem bov deleted)
new igniter & coil pigtails replaced
Apexi air intake
AEM cam gears
Albert's steel c12a upgrades (gt2860rs comp. wheels)
Full 3" custom stainless steel x-pipe through downpipe back 4" titanium tip silenced
DM 3" IC kit w/ HKS bov & Aluminum pulley kit
Blitz Access ECU
Turbosmart e-boost controller
Tein Super Street Coilovers
ST Swaybars & bushings
new brake pad's (BBK next goal before power)
255/45/18zr for the rear
Beech short throw shifter
DM "stage 2" clutch
DM full tranny rebuild kit

The interior was also showing it's signs of aging so I refurbished the buckets, centre-console & both shift/e-brake boots, along with a TRD knob. Found a 300km/hr cluster from K's along with a full stereo upgrade.
*pictures to follow after gauges installed*

Ordered my aero after new years, took some time to piece it all together:

August 2015 finally recieved it back from the paint shop after adding the aero beginning of summer:

End of the year decided to take care of my burning oil issue (assumed from valves)

Got some pictures of my head back from the machine shop! Mild port & polish, Brian Crower 1.6mm over sized valves, BC springs & retainers. Ready for a new 2JZ head gasket of course.

Also heres a shot of Albert's rebuilt ct12a's on my new X-pipe, going to heat wrap it since I'm deleting factory heatshield.

I will post the rest of the updates once I've re-done my coils & pigtails along with a knock sensor I've managed to throw a code for trying to reach my goal of 18 lbs of boost on a Blitz access ecu.

See less See more
#3 ·
Love the JZA70's, goinh to get one at some point as well.

Not feeling what you did to the exterior of the car, but main thing that it pleases you.

Do you have the Recaro interior in yours? I was in the impression that the twinturbo R models were always dark green, but I may be wrong.

#4 · (Edited)
Each to their own right? If you google "Hiro Supra" that's the route I'm going with a few other rare pieces of JDM aero, overseas nothing is rice. lol

I wish they all came in Mica Green, that would of been my first choice. But they also came in super red, blue mica, black just that I know of.

Interior was shadow grey with Recaro buckets & momo knob/steering wheel, I'll get some pictures up within the next few days of finishing it.

#5 ·
I'm liking the taillight covers. That's the best I've seen them flow with a car.

#6 ·
x2 ^^^ Looks very nice.

Do you have a link where I can learn more about the Blitz access ECU? When I look online, all I find is people asking WTF it is.

Who will tune it for you, or is that something you do yourself?

#7 · (Edited)
Found some pictures of it recently after paint, still missing a few tasteful mod's I've added (signal lights and wiper delete made a huge difference)

KevinM: I'll be buying one of your sunshades soon to finish it off, I ended up getting a hiro spoiler so I passed on what you had (although I will admit it's a nicer piece)

benelit0: Blitz access ecu can only be tuned in the region it came from (from my research usually japan/australia but it's also impossible to tell how it's programmed or where it originated without previous owners info) There is authorized tuners but tracking one down isn't likely if you couldn't find out about the basics.
Generally they are safe gains on a stock set-up (higher boost/no fuel-cut, aggressive timing, higher rev limit, speed limit removed) can be tuned for bigger injectors 440/550 for jza70 as they came with 370s and the rest are drop in from jza80's. I'm using it with a innovate wideband and an apexi safc to make sure I have a safe A/F as it's fairly more aggressive then the factory ecu.

#12 · (Edited)
This post is for KevinM since I finally got me one of his Sunshades! :D

Also purchased a ECU Master stand-alone so a tune with dyno results coming in near future! going off 540 cc denso injector's and an aeromotive 340lph. Clearly a lot has changed since my initial mod list, it's actually looking quite sad & behind the times lol!

#13 ·
This post is for KevinM since I finally got me one of his Sunshades! :D

Also purchased a ECU Master stand-alone so a tune with dyno results coming in near future! going off 540 cc denso injector's and an aeromotive 340lph. Clearly a lot has changed since my initial mod list, it's actually looking quite sad & behind the times lol!
haha - Awesome - perfect license!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.