Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1987 Supra Turbo R154 Pearl White, Blue Velour
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit the 91 NA over on Beach Blvd in Anaheim CA today at around 130pm.

Apparently a "professional" crew had parted it out pretty good early morning. One of the guys that was working on a car next to me bought the W58 for $150 from the guys that pulled it before they left with it. He still had to pay an unknown cost to get it out of the parts yard, so my guess is their "finders fee" covered whatever profit they thought they'd make outside.

I did manage to grab some plastic:
6.5 Door speaker mounts
Headlight trim pieces
Radiator shroud with dual AC fan slots
The Dual AC fan unit
Seat belt retract door units (lever thingies)
A bunch of Supra specific bolts and screws (always good to have)

That's it. I was in and out in 2 hours. I did meet some cool Supra owners.

This car was the first that I've come across with a factory sunroof. They early guys managed to yank that out.

·
Registered
130 Posts
An 87 NA auto also showed up today over at Wilmington CA. Some guy on instagram posted a video of the car and interior is already gutted and most exterior trim taken.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
An 87 NA auto also showed up today over at Wilmington CA. Some guy on instagram posted a video of the car and interior is already gutted and most exterior trim taken.
I snagged the hood, both motors for the headlights, battery hold down, alternator bracket. Spare parts for me. I REALLY want the exhaust hanger that sits by the transmission, but I couldn't get the bolts off today. I need a saw. I'm going to try again this week. I don't think its a high demand item.

As far as the car, you can tell it was one that sat for a long time. The burgundy interior is shot. The instrument cluster is in good shape. The Engine is there but missing cam pieces. Transmission Auto, driveshaft, diff are all still here. Suspension is complete. Fuel tank has a hold drilled in it. Fuel pump gone. Door handles gone. Trim shot. Nose piece gone.

@SupraCooled rear brake hard line.? Does that run all the way up front or where does it terminate?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the heads up, the instrument cluster is one of the parts I'm looking for. I might go there this weekend if I get some free time.
Oh man, I wish I would've known. I contemplated pulling it. It was in great shape but 265K showing on the odometer.

I was fortunate both days I was able to get off my last conference call and run out the door to go to the lots.

I see another 87 just showed up at Chula Vista today.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yeah, work comes first for me so not really getting much time to visit the yards.

And yeah, I just saw that one at Chula Vista too.

What's the count so far in SoCal area, three MK3's within a month? Amazing, lol!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, same with work here. Fortunately my calls are all back east so I'm usually able to leave the house by 2pm. The best part for me on this and the Wilmington car is the close proximity. Earlier this year I had to head all the way over to Fontana, Ontario and Riverside which is quite a drive.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah Supras at the yards seem to come all at once...or zero!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts