Supra Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Supra Community
I am new to these forums and was trying to seek answers for the swap I am doing. I have a 91 supra that originally came with a 7MGTE , currently I am in the process of swapping it with a 1JZGTE VVTI off of a JZX100. The problem is this ... physically looking at them both side to side the R154 that came with the supra had abs , a speedometer cable and the plug for reverse lights whereas the R154 from the JZX100 only has what I believe is the speed sensor on the right hand side of the tranny and the connector for the reverse lights. My question is would there be a way of still using the tranny from the JZX100 in terms of wiring it up ? Or getting rid of it and still using the R154 from the 7M and just swapping out the bell housing just so this way the factory gauge cluster tells me how fast I am going ( Keep in mind the R154 MK3 tranny has 180k+ miles put into it where the JZX R154 has 54k+ miles ) ?. Also before I forget I know the JZX100 tranny shifter housing is too long to fit in the car but I have purchased the Driftmotion Shifter Housing & Retainer to convert the fitment , that is until I came around this issue. When it comes to builds I know 50% of it comes from doing research and I admit I didn't do much of it which I should have done from the getco but I already put a lot of money and time to fix her and I am determined to finish this build. I would really appreciate any help moving forward and thank you guys for reading.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts