Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im on the highway going about 60 and i hear this really weird noise coming from the engine. so i let off the gas lil bit & the noise would stop & when i step on the gas again the noise would get louder & louder. and the car started jerkin & jittering. & i had a feeling wat was coming next. & of course the engine cut off & i pull over to the break down lane before the car completely stopped. & there was smoke coming from the hood so i popped the hood & i dnt think i ever seen so much smoke before. i honestly thought the car was gonna blow up. soo long story short i got the car towed to a garage the next day & the mechanic said that my engine is pretty much done & im gonna need to get a new engine. there was absolutely no oil/lubrication & he said that caused the engine to pretty much melt its self away.

i guess i need a new engine so now im screwed seeing how i'm a full-time student working a shitty part time job.
the supra is my pride & joy & i would hate to lose it.
wat do u guys think i should do? wat would u do in my situation?
keep the car, find new engine, sell the car, etc?
thanxxx.

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Do you have another mode of transportation? If so then I say keep the body if it's in good working condition. A 7MGTE can be had for peanuts nowadays. One thing though, if you haven't taken the car back to your home, do that cause the tech will start to charge you fees for holding the car there.

-Alex

·
still dreamin.....
1,159 Posts
sooo you ran it without oil???

but really keep the body andswap becausesupras arent worth getting rid for something like this...

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how did this go from a blown engine to fat chicks...

anyways, the body is in mint condition. i got a new paint job about a year ago & not a spot of rust anywere. it would be a huge loss to give up on my supra & let it go.

i'm really considering on either a rebuild or find a new engine somewhere/somehow??... both of which would be alot of work for me.

i'm soo pissed

:crying:

·
Registered
2 Posts
's M family of engines were a longitudinally mounted straight-6 engine design. They were used from the 1960s through the 1990s. All M family engines were OHC designs. While the M family was born with a chain-driven single camshaft it evolved into a belt drive DOHC system after 1980. All M family engines used a cast-iron block with an aluminum cylinder head. The Japanese market only M-E was the first Toyota engine to be equipped with fuel injection (at the same time as the 4 cylinder 18R-E). The 4M-E was the first Toyota engine to be equipped with fuel injection for non Japanese markets. The M family were Toyota's most prestigious engines (apart from the uncommon V family V8) for 30 years. They were commonly found on the large Toyota Crown, Cressida, Celica Supra, and Supra models.

ure
leather lingerie

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you have another mode of transportation? If so then I say keep the body if it's in good working condition. A 7MGTE can be had for peanuts nowadays. One thing though, if you haven't taken the car back to your home, do that cause the tech will start to charge you fees for holding the car there.

-Alex
i'm actually thinking about buying a shitbox for now while i decide on what to do with the supra. since i really want to keep the supra, i'm considering getting a new engine. i'm gunna do some search & hopefully i find an inexpensive 7mgte asap. & the mechanic is actually my dad's friend so i don't think he'll be charging us while the car sits there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts