Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 503 Posts

·
Unlimited Time Attack A70
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone, and welcome to my build. What you'll find here is a ground up Unlimited Time Attack build to my 92 A70 Supra. I've had the car nearly 15 year and has seen a few different configuration. Engine is built to handle 1khp and 10k rpms. All work has been performed by myself for just about everything unless stated. The extent of this build will cover ; engine, electronics, brakes, suspension, aero, rollcage, fabrication, interior, fuel, transmission and everything in in between. Every part of this vehicle will be reworked. The goal is full carbon widebody vehicle weighing in at 2700lbs with an output of 7-900hp turning 10,000rpms.

You can follow my website for detailed updates as well

www.projecthighrpm.com
IG : Native_nick

SPECS:
Head:
Cleaned
Decked
Mild P&P
3 angle valve job
Stock valves
BC springs
BC Ti retainers
BC 272 cams
Shimless buckets
Shortened Zinc ex studs
ARP thin wall ex hardware
Technico cam gears
ARP cam bolts
Custom -16an water neck

Block:
Carrillo pro h beams
Custom Diamond 8.5:1 billet pistons
.200 wrist pins
Billet 1jz timing belt tensioner
HKS timing belt
ARP head studs
ARP main studs
2% over balanced crank
Modified oil pump
Custom -16an water neck
ATI crank pulley
ARP crank bolt
Tilton 7.25" twin
Water pump delete
Power steering delete
Tensioner delete
AC delete

Bolt on Acc:
Precision 7068
BRE billet/sheet FFIM
90mm TB
1000cc ID injectors
Mechman 240a self exciting alternator
Ebay modified exhaust manifold
Davies Craig 150 remote water pump

·
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
reserved for killer selfies

My head right after the machine shop

Assembled head with shimless buckets, BC springs, retainers, 272s and technico gears

The technico cam gears are from a small company in Australia. They utilize the stock steel outer gear from a new set of oem gears and coat them in a hardened coating. Keeping the stock outer gear keeps the teeth from wearing like some aluminum gears. They then tap and make billet aluminum adjustable centers that use 5 sets of screws. I love them and think they're pretty unique

block all torn down ready for the machine shop

rebuilt the r154 earlier this year

Diamond custom billet pistons

I needed to find a way to attach my fans to my radiator. So I cut a piece of 4 inch aluminum tube in half, flattened it out and used that as my material. Here is the results

·
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
reserved

Since ive deleted all my drive accessories except my alternator I had to come up with a solution for water necks on my block and head. heres are the results
Everything was shaped and cut by hand except the drilling

raw materials

aligning my holes

Finally got my block back. Heres some pics of some of the parts haha

·
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pictures of my rod and piston combo :)
big big difference haha

This is a really neat tool that the machine shop made for me to clean out the oil passages in the crank so I wouldn't need to removed the detents

Block fresh back from the machine shop
decked, line hones, bored .20, oil passage balls removed and tapped for plugs

all masked off for primer and paint

·
Question to suit.
3,562 Posts
Nice stuff went into your build. I always thought you had to remove the fitting to clean out the sludge traps on the crank. Neat tool you have there!

·
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice stuff went into your build. I always thought you had to remove the fitting to clean out the sludge traps on the crank. Neat tool you have there!
Thanks, I'm trying to keep the quality on this build as high as possible. Yea the tool is really cool, use an airgun to blow air up in there and blast the gunk out. I've yet to use it, gonna put it to work tomorrow.

·
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fitting the intake and rail on.

Stripped the pain of the covers

Since I won't be running front covers I wanted to clean up my oil pump alittle bit and remove what wasn't necessary

·
Registered
596 Posts
sweet build! any particular numbers you are shooting for? what management are you using?

p.s. did you sell a set of mkiv wheels like 6 years ago? i feel like we met a long time ago and you sold these wheels to me.

·
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sweet build! any particular numbers you are shooting for? what management are you using?

p.s. did you sell a set of mkiv wheels like 6 years ago? i feel like we met a long time ago and you sold these wheels to me.
appreciate it =) with the turbo I have now im hoping I can squeeze 700 out of it. The motor can handle alot more so well see, I may jump up a size or two and get a 6765 or something similar.
As for management i currently have AEM v2, once the motor is in I'll be getting a Microtech LT16c and custom harness .

we totally may have met but I dont recall selling a set of MK4s. There is a few other guys around here that have red mk3s.

·
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
My water pump and pump/fan controller came in today
Davies Craig Ewp150 rated at 40gph.

Painted the block with black enamel. Should turn out really tough.

Got some new key ways for the crank

·
Registered
62 Posts
Very cool build. I've always loved the idea of a high revving 1JZ. In fact I was almost doing the same thing to my 1JZ. The only difference being Tomei rods, as I didn't realize Carrillo made rods for the 1JZ.

However, instead of building the 1JZ head I opted to go with a 2JZGTE vvti one. Here's where I'm at now with the build. I'll be going with GSC S2 cams. The turbo I'm using is a 9174EFR

·
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Very cool build. I've always loved the idea of a high revving 1JZ. In fact I was almost doing the same thing to my 1JZ. The only difference being Tomei rods, as I didn't realize Carrillo made rods for the 1JZ.

However, instead of building the 1JZ head I opted to go with a 2JZGTE vvti one. Here's where I'm at now with the build. I'll be going with GSC S2 cams. The turbo I'm using is a 9174EFR
Thank you.. I love a high revving motor, there's just something about it. I really enjoy doing things differently as well so making an engine super zippy worked out great. Really trying to develop a great final product.

I love the idea of the 1.2. I too would would go the route you took over a 1.5. Looks fantastic!

·
Question to suit.
3,562 Posts
1.2 is legit!

You should ideally be going full dry sump for these high RPM adventures ;)

·
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1.2 is legit!

You should ideally be going full dry sump for these high RPM adventures ;)
Ohh most definitely. I've gotta get all the bugs worked out on the motor and tuning. It'll be in the works in the future

·
Registered
596 Posts
obviously you work in a shop where at? lol funny as we also use wurth stuff and pb blaster haha, build is looking good! i got the same bc valve train/cams as u, my car has a nice lope at idle.

·
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
haha yea I do, I work at Mazda in Lynnwood.

I appreciate the kind words, hope to really showcase a nice final product.
good to hear, everyone loves a lopy idle haha. Since ive bought these cams I've found a different set that love to have but having to redo my shimless buckets rendering them useless is whats stopping me. But these cams will be just fine.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
wow very interesting build thread here !!
very nice

1 - 20 of 503 Posts