Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, this just happened last night.

I was coming home from work and it was 12:15 am

I pulled up to a light and there's a CRX on my right, He sawed me and rev. It got a pretty nice deep tone to it, a lot nicer than most of the honda fart cannon i've heard b4. Well, the light turns green and we both went at it. My tire squeal for a couple of second as i jumped ahead of him 1 car.

I think i sucked at driving a stick, but anyway.

I shifted into 2nd @ 4000rpm
to 3rd @ 6000rpm
4th @ 5200rpm

And that's pretty much it, the entire time he was right behind me 1 car length. And the entire time I was like, WTF! that's one fast CRX lol. I was under the impression that i'm going to kill him so bad even if i'm a crappy ass stick driver.

Well, at the next light he turn. I went on driving home.

Still under adrenaline, i was speeding. Little did i know, right before i got to my house (5 block away) the cop got me.

I turned on my interior lights and put my hands on the wheel (cause my car's tinted 5%) He got out of his cruiser and asked me for my license, reg, insurance in a pissed off tone.

I gave all of it & my military id card. He checked it and gave it back to me. Went back to his patrol a few minute, came back and gave me a seatbelt ticket. He said i was doing 47 in a 25 mph zone and gave me a smirk. Thank god. I was very curteous the entire time and thank him for not writing me the speeding ticket.

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
u drive a NA. thats only 222hp and not even to the ground. Curb Weight: 3186 lbs.

he on the other hand is 108 hp. Curb Weight: 2174 lbs.

he probably has a few bolt on mods and there u have it. he kept up with you the entire way.

Good kill though.

-Alex-

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you think i would of kill him if i redline on every gear and a longer distance race?

My car redline @ 6900rpm and the max is 9000rpm

I'm afraid of redlining my car since i babied it so much.

·
vvti. what
831 Posts
Well, you didn't go all out on him, not to mention you've got an NA. He might have done some things to it, such as bolt ons, maybe a little more.

Don't feel bad, just tune the Z more.

F

·
0 Posts
You consider a car that can stay within one car of your N/A Z fast? I'd say something that can stay within 10 carlengths in FRONT is slow.

·
Registered
231 Posts
glad to hear you didnt get aressted or anything for speeding. BTW it's been said but, n/a 300's are quick but, not really that fast...the guy had a big weight advantage on you and prolly had some bolt on's to boot.....so it's not that hard to believe he could keep up with you. What's funny is that guy prolly posted on his board that he hung with/ or even beat a twin turbo z...lol...fucking ricer's .....they get on my nerves.....BTW NICE KILL MAN!

·
Registered
41 Posts
good kill!!!

dont know how he stayed with u, i raced my friends 90 crx si
(intake) and i was stock and auto and beat him by like 2 buses. im not joking either cause we talked and he said it was fair, i was thinking i was not gonna beat him that bad. and the 2 buses came from his mouth not mine.

P

·
0 Posts
Teufel, what street/road did this happen on? I know most areas down here.

Kroze said:
alright, this just happened last night.

I was coming home from work and it was 12:15 am

I pulled up to a light and there's a CRX on my right, He sawed me and rev. It got a pretty nice deep tone to it, a lot nicer than most of the honda fart cannon i've heard b4. Well, the light turns green and we both went at it. My tire squeal for a couple of second as i jumped ahead of him 1 car.

I think i sucked at driving a stick, but anyway.

I shifted into 2nd @ 4000rpm
to 3rd @ 6000rpm
4th @ 5200rpm

And that's pretty much it, the entire time he was right behind me 1 car length. And the entire time I was like, WTF! that's one fast CRX lol. I was under the impression that i'm going to kill him so bad even if i'm a crappy ass stick driver.

Well, at the next light he turn. I went on driving home.

Still under adrenaline, i was speeding. Little did i know, right before i got to my house (5 block away) the cop got me.

I turned on my interior lights and put my hands on the wheel (cause my car's tinted 5%) He got out of his cruiser and asked me for my license, reg, insurance in a pissed off tone.

I gave all of it & my military id card. He checked it and gave it back to me. Went back to his patrol a few minute, came back and gave me a seatbelt ticket. He said i was doing 47 in a 25 mph zone and gave me a smirk. Thank god. I was very curteous the entire time and thank him for not writing me the speeding ticket.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Re: 92 300Z NA 5spd vs. One Fasssst CRX (Got ticketed)

paul_c said:
Teufel, what street/road did this happen on? I know most areas down here.
LOL it was actually on voorhees. Laurel Road.

You know the light at the Olive Garden? going toward the wawa?

P

·
0 Posts
Re: Re: Re: 92 300Z NA 5spd vs. One Fasssst CRX (Got ticketed)

Kroze said:
LOL it was actually on voorhees. Laurel Road.

You know the light at the Olive Garden? going toward the wawa?
Yeah, speed limit is 35 there, but everyone does 40 -45 there (except me--I do 50 or more there--never seen a cop on the twisty part between 561 and white horse road--weird)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: Re: Re: Re: 92 300Z NA 5spd vs. One Fasssst CRX (Got ticketed)

paul_c said:
Yeah, speed limit is 35 there, but everyone does 40 -45 there (except me--I do 50 or more there--never seen a cop on the twisty part between 561 and white horse road--weird)
I raced from the olive garden to the light b4 wawa.

I got pulled over at the light b4 Chews Landing Road.

He was sitting on the YMCA (i think) parking lot.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts