Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im still confused about all the parts i need. ive checked your site but compared to the collins kit i dont see the option for a transmission bracket, drive shaft or a modified option for the shifter.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Im still confused about all the parts i need. ive checked your site but compared to the collins kit i dont see the option for a transmission bracket, drive shaft or a modified option for the shifter.
Don't quote me on this, but I do believe the mkiv and sc chassis get the exact same setup if I am not mistaken.

·
SupraStore.com
2,134 Posts
We're still working on these parts. The IS chassis is first, then we will have the SC chassis, which I suspect will be largely the same to the MkIV chassis, though the driveshaft may differ.

The JZ-CD9 turn key kit will be finished first, and most of the parts will be the same I suspect. Driveshaft might be different due to different engine/trans full length. Your best bet would be to get the rest custom made locally, as we dont have any firm dates on when parts will be finished.

·
Banned
618 Posts
Just curious, does the CD009 still need to be sliced and welded with an R154 bellhousing to fit in a manual SC300 tunnel? I recently picked up a 95' SC300 5spd, and am looking at options (other than the V160) to stuff in it. I know that one kit requires the CD009 bellhousing to be cut and welded to an R154 bellhousing, but....would an adapter plate for a 2JZ to CD009 work?....i mean in terms of fitting the whole thing in an SC300 engine bay and lining up at the shifter opening?

·
SupraStore.com
2,134 Posts
Just curious, does the CD009 still need to be sliced and welded with an R154 bellhousing to fit in a manual SC300 tunnel? I recently picked up a 95' SC300 5spd, and am looking at options (other than the V160) to stuff in it. I know that one kit requires the CD009 bellhousing to be cut and welded to an R154 bellhousing, but....would an adapter plate for a 2JZ to CD009 work?....i mean in terms of fitting the whole thing in an SC300 engine bay and lining up at the shifter opening?
The bellhousing does get cut off, but there's no welding required. http://www.suprastore.com/suniz33z3435.html Our plate is a billet piece that replaces the front bearing retainer.

The trans will fit the chassis, but we have not yet finished the required driveshaft, shifter, or crossmember that will be needed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts