:urowned:

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
3,413 Posts
<<< 6spd owner going Auto :)

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
3,413 Posts
LOL..Dont worry I've sold off my 6spd cars and buying Auto.

This is a great post though I was thinking about this the other day because I get PM's asking me how much the swap cost ect.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Curt,

Your post comes in timely.
I got a car that was converted from Auto to 6 spd.
The dude did not change out the rear diff when he put in the V160.
I just got me a 6spd rear diff, so I am wondering if I need the 6 spd rearhalf of the drive shaft to make it work. I have the driver axle to go with the diff. Just need to know if the current driveshaft would work.

I believe the auto rear shaft is a little long than the 6spd.
I am thinking of cutting up the puck, but it may not be wise.

·
Super Moderator
46,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SiFreak said:
Curt,

Your post comes in timely.
I got a car that was converted from Auto to 6 spd.
The dude did not change out the rear diff when he put in the V160.
I just got me a 6spd rear diff, so I am wondering if I need the 6 spd rearhalf of the drive shaft to make it work. I have the driver axle to go with the diff. Just need to know if the current driveshaft would work.

I believe the auto rear shaft is a little long than the 6spd.
I am thinking of cutting up the puck, but it may not be wise.
Yes, you need a new drive shaft. The back half is not sold seperately from the front half.

·
Super Moderator
46,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
alloutsupra said:

If your goin from 5 speed to 6 speed then you will these 2 cushions and 2 bolts that support the rear differential of the 6 speed.
Yes you are correct. But this list is for TT AUTO to 6spd conversion.

The NA 5 speed to TT 6spd differential does need aditional parts.

·
Registered
557 Posts
what is involved in putting a 6 speed in an SC300 5 speed or auto, and what would change from the above list? Im trying to help a friend that wants to do this swap, so what would be the minimum amount of parts needed, i.e. if he didnt need the 6 speed rearend, or anything else for that matter, what would he need?

thanks,
Mark

·
Z06 convert
1,378 Posts
i'm going to do a swap, no doubt. i got a great deal on my Supra and it wouldn't make sense to buy another 6-spd just for the tranny at this point. also have a Toyota mechanic friend that is willing to do the labor for not a whole lot.

what i'd really like to know is: how much realistically could i get for my ENTIRE auto transmission? i mean every part from the brake pedal to the differential. everything is in perfect running order, just had the fluid flushed and replaced, and the car has never seen high hp.

J

·
0 Posts
Hey Curt, some guy on here, (SF name is Kurt) Said he just completely an auto transmission swap to a 5speed. Said he bought most of the parts from you and he did it all for 1300 dollars. Do you remember what he got from you? Because I have an auto and I'm thinking about that same swap. Can you make me a list of what Kurt got and how much I can get it for? I want to do a 5speed swap before I go na-t. Thanks Curt!

·
Super Moderator
46,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:scratch: I don't recall him or this swap. PM him for more info on this. 1300.00 is way to cheap , unless he had a donor car.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
How hard would it be to swap my rear end gears from the auto's to a 6 speed. I want a higher top speed for the th400. Will anyone be willing to swap? hopefully it's just a small gear

1 - 20 of 119 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.