Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let everyone know i dynoed car today and have some questions about the power it made seems kinda low whats up... these are the numbers( 349.2rwhp, 317.6rwtx) these are the mods....
hks fcd
underdrive pulleys
[email protected] filter
greddy type r bov
hks ez boost controller only getting 14psi
stock front cat and 5zigen cat back exhaust has rear cat removed
stock twins, 92 octane., no fan on intercooler or anything..

Just wanting to know if the hp figure sounds right, i could only get 14psi , i would assume because of the stock front cat, i also found out i was only getting 7psi until the second turbo came on , any ideas would be greatly appreciated... thanx Kevin...

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Those numbers are not to bad considering your not really even BPU since you still have a Cat. Get a 3" downpipe and pull your hoses and see if you make at least 16 psi to redline, then re-dyno and you'll be happier.

·
Administrator
17,224 Posts
I think your numbers (rwhp anyway) sound great considering it was on pump gas with a catalytic converter and only 14 psi. Consider that many will dyno with a true downpipe and 18 psi to get 380-400rwhp and you're looking pretty good. ;)

Steve T.
1995 Supra TT hardtop

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx for the info , i will put on the dp and redyno, probably next week or so .... i will keep everyone informed, whats cool is that i will be able to tell just what the dp gives me... thanx again kevin anymore infor is appreciated , what about the 7psi on the number one turbo till the second kicks in you think its the cat..?

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, that is right on - the first turbo alone is not supposed to make much boost. It's job is just to provide get-up-and-go boost for tooting around town. Shouldn't be an issue - you would never race anyone from 3000 rpms anyway. With a full downpipe and 18 psi I think you will make 400 rwhp. Your low torque indicates that you were probably just spiked to 14 psi, and it dropped down on the way to redline. If you have problems getting your boost up, bypass the boost controller and do the bleeder T mod or one of the other mods found on www.mkiv.com. That will at least tell you what the problem is.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that sounds good, i think 400rwhp would be good , how do theses guys make 450hp on the stock twins ? what other mods would i need, do i need the 12v mod or ddoes the fcd do it... thanx Kevin.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All good advice, I would also try some 100 oct. and get a fan and ice on the intake and i.c. and hello 400+hp.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts