Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a fitment question to pose to the collective braintrust of SF members. Will those nice, leather armrests that were OEM on pre-97 models, bolt right on to my 97 door panels? Will any additional modifications be necessary? As you are no doubt aware, some of us feel as though the 97-98 armrests leave a little to be desired!
Thanks for your valuable input.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Alx2785, you'll notice that the 97+ supra's armrest are more like plastic material instead of soft leather. One of the cuts backs for the 97/98 models.

·
Undefinable
968 Posts
PsyKotiC RydeR said:
Alx2785, you'll notice that the 97+ supra's armrest are more like plastic material instead of soft leather. One of the cuts backs for the 97/98 models.
Yep! More importantly they start to fall apart within 40k miles. :(

This is a mod I have on my "to do" list. :)

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Dang hehehe. I flew down to a '98 TT that I'm buying last weekend and the car was immaculate for 45k miles. But the driver's armrest had opened up at the inner top seam, that struck me as odd because my old 94 had a great armrest even at 100k. Guess it's a 97/98 ailment then.

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
MKIV_Aspirant said:
Yep! More importantly they start to fall apart within 40k miles. :(

This is a mod I have on my "to do" list. :)
yes my pass side armrest is fine, but the inside lip of the drivers is starting to come up. If i get any new armrest I think imma just go with the carbon door panels too.

Alex

1 - 7 of 7 Posts