Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Supraman
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to buy a 98 headlight to replace my 94 headlight but the 98 headlight is hella expensive is it better to just modify my 94 headlight to make look like a 98 or is the 98's worth the money....i have a red supra and i think a darker headlight would look better. What do you guys think?

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
I think if you want to go 98, just get 98s...not paint them. Unless the paintjob is really good, the factory 98s are going to look much better.

·
Space for sale
980 Posts
I have painted 93-96 style headlights, and they look much better than stock. However, they will never -ever- look like the 98's unless you deline the inside aswell....

·
11,219 Posts
Lintrix said:
I have painted 93-96 style headlights, and they look much better than stock. However, they will never -ever- look like the 98's unless you deline the inside aswell....

^^agreed. 98's will always be 98's. Even though you deline, paint, polish it to look like new, you still have that running light between the low beam and fog.

98's are $710 + $20 shipping at Elmhurst. You figured painting and polishing and shipping it out and back would run around 200 anyways.

·
Supraman
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
98 headlight

thanks for the suggestion i'll just probably buy the 98 headlights....so anybody wants to buy my 93 headlights and oh yeah are the 98 turn signal easy to install and how much will a pair run me

·
95 Hardtopper X 2
1,709 Posts
Re: 98 headlight

Z94TT said:
thanks for the suggestion i'll just probably buy the 98 headlights....so anybody wants to buy my 93 headlights and oh yeah are the 98 turn signal easy to install and how much will a pair run me
Well my local dealer wanted $160 for a pair what a ripoff and I wanted OEM look not all clear aftermarket ones. Found em at
http://www.pcpautoparts.com/SearchOEM.asp

·
95 Hardtopper X 2
1,709 Posts
Re: Re: Re: 98 headlight

michaelvanle said:
The all clear ones will not get you pass inspection...
I posted a link for factory ones with the amber signals not clears.

·
4 T's and an X
2,100 Posts
I like the red with the 98"s. Before I got my green one, I almost bought a red one with the 98"s. I say buy em

·
Registered
98 Posts
definitely go with the 98's, i recently changed mine over and the car looks much better in my opinion

1 - 14 of 14 Posts