Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So don’t mind me, I’m a diesel person at heart but love all things fast and all cars! So I’m still learning about Supra’s.

My boyfriend bought me a Supra in 2016.

After a week or two of having it, I decided it needed a bigger turbo.

Then it blew up haha, it was a previous build from someone else so we weren’t 100% sure what parts were in the build.

Since then we have had the engine rebuilt by FullBlown Motorsports in MN, we own 3 Supra’s total. 93/94/21. So when the 93 blew up we had some parts out of the 94’s previous build we used in mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,676 Posts
I love Baltic Blue, but I must say that Cement Gray looks hot!

Blown motor? Yes, I must say real Supra enthusiasts reside in your household (have a Ph. D in blown motors 🙃). Glad to have you and your boyfriend aboard.

Ken.

·
Stock Body Supras FTW
1,229 Posts
Love a nice Baltic Blue supra.

Reactions: KPajestka

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I love Baltic Blue, but I must say that Cement Gray looks hot!

Blown motor? Yes, I must say real Supra enthusiasts reside in your household (have a Ph. D in blown motors ). Glad to have you and your boyfriend aboard.

Ken.
Hahaha I’ve blown up a Supra, an sti, and a Duramax hahaha

And I wish I loved the Baltic blue I think I hates it bcuz we got the car kinda beat

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What are the wheel specs?
I honestly have NO clue lol they were the boyfriends off his 240, then his Supra now mine lol. He Plati dipped them black so I would be patient and not order new wheels and tires.... I’m lookin at te37s or CCW lol but then CCWs are spendy.

I’ll look tomorrow and get you the specs

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Heh, "I'm a diesel person, needs a bigger turbo."

Makes me chuckle a bit, thinking of how many Dude Bros my mostly stock 1j blew the doors off of back in the day. :)

Did it just not feel like it had the shove you get from a diesel? I know that can feel addicting, and when you're in something that doesn't have that same feel of thrust, it can be a bit of a disappointment, even if the car is way faster than the trucks. Different worlds and different purposes, for sure.

All that said, welcome to the club. You guys should check out Supras In Vegas!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Heh, "I'm a diesel person, needs a bigger turbo."

Makes me chuckle a bit, thinking of how many Dude Bros my mostly stock 1j blew the doors off of back in the day. :)

Did it just not feel like it had the shove you get from a diesel? I know that can feel addicting, and when you're in something that doesn't have that same feel of thrust, it can be a bit of a disappointment, even if the car is way faster than the trucks. Different worlds and different purposes, for sure.

All that said, welcome to the club. You guys should check out Supras In Vegas!
Hahahaahaha oh I know that my boyfriends 2JZ will out run anything we own, the power of that dang car is unreal!!

But a bigger turbo is always a must, especially when his car is faster than mine haha I can’t let him win ever!

He has a built Duramax and it’s nothing compared to mine but I still want my car to be some what fast haha.

What’s Supra’s in Vegas

·
...pop the hood!
1,075 Posts
welcome again...

glad to see you started a build thread.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Hahahaahaha oh I know that my boyfriends 2JZ will out run anything we own, the power of that dang car is unreal!!

But a bigger turbo is always a must, especially when his car is faster than mine haha I can’t let him win ever!

He has a built Duramax and it’s nothing compared to mine but I still want my car to be some what fast haha.

What’s Supra’s in Vegas
Haha, you guys sound like Megan and I. Competition in a partner behind the wheel is a really fun pursuit.

Supras In Vegas:

Highly recommend it!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Haha, you guys sound like Megan and I. Competition in a partner behind the wheel is a really fun pursuit.

Supras In Vegas:

Highly recommend it!
We are always competitive haha we race each other in everything we drive! and we are thinking of coming to Vegas!! It looks awesome!!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
This year will be number eight consecutively for us, ninth overall for her, and 12th overall for me. Yeah, it's a good time. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts