Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I'd appreciate any info you can lend me.

First off I do not have the dyno sheet......YET.

I have a 93.5 MKIV with around 100K on the ticker and I just upgraded to a single with a PTE 67 providing the motivation. I went into this install thinking that I would be able to get 480 to 500+ rwhp on stock fuel pretty easy.

The tuner tuned my car to 15 psi and got 435 rwhp from it and the duty cycle was a whopping 95% at this point :scratch:

My mods are below
AEM
HKS DLI
Greddy clone header
Greddy Type C wastegate
3 inch exhaust Veilside Ti exh.
everything else is stock
a new fuel filter was also installed too boot.

Any one got any leads to where my car could be off?

Thanks in advance

PS I will try to get the dyno chart and post it up later this week.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Noire93.5 said:
Guys I'd appreciate any info you can lend me.

First off I do not have the dyno sheet......YET.

I have a 93.5 MKIV with around 100K on the ticker and I just upgraded to a single with a PTE 67 providing the motivation. I went into this install thinking that I would be able to get 480 to 500+ rwhp on stock fuel pretty easy.

The tuner tuned my car to 15 psi and got 435 rwhp from it and the duty cycle was a whopping 95% at this point :scratch:

My mods are below
AEM
HKS DLI
Greddy clone header
Greddy Type C wastegate
3 inch exhaust Veilside Ti exh.
everything else is stock
a new fuel filter was also installed too boot.

Any one got any leads to where my car could be off?

Thanks in advance

PS I will try to get the dyno chart and post it up later this week.
Your HP is right about where is should be IMO for 15 psi...I had a T72 and made 480 at 18psi...at 28 psi I made around 650whp on a completely stock long block...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah you're absolutely right about the power level at 15 psi.
I guess my stock fuel system isnt running as it should.
I'm gonna probably look at the fuel pump to see if its on its way out at this point.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
u need a walbro pump and bigger injectors..

I made 440 rwhp @ 15 psi with a PTE 67, with 780cc injectors, walbro fuel pump...and 93 octane gas....and 475 rwhp @ 17 psi on 93 octane

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
The numbers seem right. Most people get about ~500 18psi so at 15 psi, it seems about right. You need to either upgrade your fuel system or get a methanol water injection system. It also depends on your housing, is it a 0.68 or 0.81? I just had a T66 installed with a 0.7 housing and it pretty much has identical numbers to a T67 with a 0.68. And my tuner has safely tuned to 25psi with a complete stock fuel system using a Snowperformance meth/water kit. And we still have fuel left to spare. It also depends on how aggressive your AEM tune is. A 2 degree in timing up or down could be a 30rwhp difference.

·
Vendor
606 Posts
pressure goes up volume goes down.... you will just run out of pump instead of nozzle. Just leave it alone till you can upgrade your fuel system. And adding a meth kit is just going to burn up the hot holes.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its a 6 speed.
67 with a 0.68 housing

My tuner is smart and is tuning my car on the safe side. I dont know the AF that I'm running but I'm sure its on the safe side.
I was basically shocked at the duty cycle being so high at 15psi.
I also have the fuel dampener bypass done too so once again the duty cycle being pegged at 95% is shocking.
I'm stepping up to a Walbro, 720cc's AEM FPR and a HKS fuel rail now.
I'll use BLKMGK (that name hasn't been used around here in ages) approach. I use Meth/H20 as a fail safe in the future.

·
Shawn Davis
1,662 Posts
Your injectors may need cleaning as well. Of course if you go through the trouble to pull them out you may as well go ahead and replace them with greater capacity units.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Noire93.5 said:
Yeah you're absolutely right about the power level at 15 psi.
I guess my stock fuel system isnt running as it should.
I'm gonna probably look at the fuel pump to see if its on its way out at this point.
Also, keep in mind you are probably gaining 15hp per psi boost, so 25 psi you'd be at around 600whp and 30psi you'd be at 680whp which is about right for a 67mm turbo...I'd say your numbers are right on give or take a few HP....

·
It's all ball bearings...
889 Posts
Noire93.5: Your car by any chance the other black one at Howard's shop (AR Fabrication)? Your situation sounds like how he described the setup for that car. Just do the fuel now, better safe than sorry and you eventually want it anyway. Good luck.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
fuindustries - Yep that's me! Which one is yours there? I drove down there yesterday to give Howard some injectors and a fuel rail. I also drove my car, man 435rwhp on a single is MUCH different than the 400rwhp I was making on stock twins. I'm going to be safe and do a moderate fuel set up. (just one walbro for now)

As you probably know, Howard is the man. My car runs better than it did when I took it to him. By that i mean driveabiltiy is real nice now.

·
889 Posts
Noire93.5: I wasn't sure if that was yours or not, I thought I looked on the inside of your door and saw a 94 build date. I am probably confused because I have seen more MKIVs at his shop than on the road in the past 5 years. Mine is the other black one in there. It was supposed to be for AEM tuning only, but has evolved into a different kind of monster at this point.

Howard has been very helpful, especially considering how swamped he appears to be at the moment. Hopefully he can produce the same results for my car that he did on yours. Can't wait to see how the car will perform. Hope the fuel upgrade goes well.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yesterday there were 3 black ones there including mine plus a red one.
Is yours the one with the head off?
Hell which ever one it is I think Howard is alright in my book. He'll take care of you.

The evolving type of work is VERY nerve wracking though, so I feel ya.

·
889 Posts
Noire93.5: I must have forgot about the other black one; it have the "BGDNKY" license plate or something? Mine is the one with the head off that has been to the woodshed and back a couple times now. We were hoping the valve springs could be swapped to the Ferreas without having to take the head off...but I guess not. So long as the car is able to move under its own power soon I will be happy...happier if it moves very very fast.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I feel ya bro!

Keeping fingers crossed for you, shit me too for that matter.

You gotta a nice whip!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts