Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was interested in the Supra, but I know I can't handle a MKIV TT supra, so I am opting for the NA one. What I want to know is if there reliable, and worth modding?

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Hey guys, I was interested in the Supra, but I know I can't handle a MKIV TT supra, so I am opting for the NA one. What I want to know is if there reliable, and worth modding?
reliable yes

worth modding meh yes and no

all motor mods = no
na-t or tt swap = yes

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
I had a 95 NA- very reliable. FOr the money, it drives awesome. What is your resson for modding? Simply speed? You can still get nice HP for turbo'd GEs, but the GTE swap is a nice alternative.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
most na's are reliable. and as far as modding, like all cars, the more modding you do, the less reliability you will have. but similar to the TT engine, its a pretty solid platform.

searching is your friend! just about everything has been covered on this forum. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My reason for modding is speed, I was looking at the NA T kit, but I don't know if the 2jz-ge's can hold much from my basic knowledge.

·
Registered
335 Posts
its not the engine you have to worry to much about. the NA tranny can hold up to 400+ hp. and with an NA-T kit, you will make a little less than 400hp depending on what you buy, but the tranny and engine should hold up fine with about any NA-t kit.....IIRC

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, can I get an estimate of how much the engine and tranny can hold, and I was looking at the suprastore Na-T kit its pretty cheap!

·
Ninja
951 Posts
Supras In general are garbage and unreliable. Especially the ones that don't have turbo stuff In them, stay away from these 15 year old death traps

·
Exiled Supra Owner
3,703 Posts
Like the first 3 letters of the manufacturer, it’s a toy.

·
G-14 Classified
1,815 Posts

·
Glad to be back
2,180 Posts
Well, can I get an estimate of how much the engine and tranny can hold, and I was looking at the suprastore Na-T kit its pretty cheap!
The oem 5-speed sould hold some where in the 450rwph range. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. The GE is a great motor you can SEARCH some of the builds to bolt on turbo kits that people have done on the GE motor.

·
Banned
2,187 Posts
My reason for modding is speed, I was looking at the NA T kit, but I don't know if the 2jz-ge's can hold much from my basic knowledge.
Stock block can hold as much as a TT, 800++whp. Stock GE's suck on pump gas though, not eenough compression for boost. Now after lowering compression through a thicker headgasget, its a whole different game.

·
Hardtop Crew
6,357 Posts
The oem 5-speed sould hold some where in the 450rwph range. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. The GE is a great motor you can SEARCH some of the builds to bolt on turbo kits that people have done on the GE motor.
hmm maybe thats why im blowing w58s all day. im bpu+++haha

1 - 19 of 19 Posts