Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'93 Toyota Supra
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. New to this forum as a member but have been following messages for in the past.
I have a '93 Supra, automatic, non-turbo... one of first 100 made in this style! I need a repair shop locally here in Jacksonville, FL that is trustworthy. My speedometer is not working - well below my actual speed. There are two Toyota dealers near me, to one of which I absolutely will not go. I thought about calling the service manager of the other dealer to see their comfort in dealing with the Supra, but I would rather not go to a dealer.
A co-worker's husband works on specialty cars but did not want to fix this, thinking it would need soldering, something he was not comfortable doing. I appreciated him being upfront about not being comfortable (which is why I will not go to the first Toyota dealer), but now I am stuck needing to find someone else.
Any thoughts on who might be able to fix this?
Thanks in advance.

Larry

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,760 Posts
Toyota dealers won't do soldering. They will just replace the whole part, if it's still available.

Contact Stu Hagen (here on SupraForums). He can probably give you some insight into what's wrong, and probably fix it for you too.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Stu Hagen, according to his words on Facebook is also sometimes sending business and repairs to Relentless motorsports in Texas fwiw

·
Stock Twins King
4,544 Posts
This quite chronic with older Supra's You can try to repair it yourself for a few bucks. Actually gauges was discontinued 10 years ago and not too many people are aware of this issue with low speedo readings

·
Registered
'93 Toyota Supra
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This quite chronic with older Supra's You can try to repair it yourself for a few bucks. Actually gauges was discontinued 10 years ago and not too many people are aware of this issue with low speedo readings

Thanks for the link, @Stu Hagen. Much appreciated.
I am not one who can work on cars on my own, so I still need to find someone here in Jacksonville do do it for me. I can make sure whomever it is sees your post and instructions.

·
Registered
951 Posts
contact RM Garage in Jacksonville. my friend Joe owns the place. It mainly muscle and resto mod cars but They can do the Soldering for you if Stu can tell you what to replace and you get the peices needed.

·
Registered
'93 Toyota Supra
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
contact RM Garage in Jacksonville. my friend Joe owns the place. It mainly muscle and resto mod cars but They can do the Soldering for you if Stu can tell you what to replace and you get the peices needed.
Thanks very much for the suggestion!

·
Registered
'93 Toyota Supra
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did not speak to Joe but someone else (Wayne). They were not interested in working on my Supra but he gave me names of other places that may. Wayne was very helpful, though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts