Supra Forums banner

'93 TT 6-Speed BPU Dyno Guesstimates

599 views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  BB6SE 
#1 · (Edited)
'93 TT 6-Speed BPU Dyno Guesstimates - RESULTS NOW AVAILABLE!!!

It’s time for yet another dyno guesstimation question. So, I am finally finished with my BPU upgrades and I’m planning on going to the dyno very soon. So, I’ll post my supporting mods below. Anyone want to guess what RWHP and RWTQ it will make? Note: this is a ’93 TT 6-speed with 34,000 miles on the clock and dyno will be an in-ground Dyno Jet.

MVP Max Air Intake System
RMM 3” Down Pipe
Greddy BCC
Blitz SBC-ID III – tuned for ~21-22 PSI
Powerhouse Racing EGR Block-Off Plates
Waste Gate Spring Mod
Apex’i Twin Chamber BOV
110 octane fuel

#3 ·
At 21 PSI on 110 I got 432 HP (first pull) and 419 (6th pull after tuning the S-AFC, motor was warm). Don't recall the TQ on the first pull but the 6th was in the 430's IIRC. (Don't have the graph with me.)

Mods are:

Veilside Ti Catback
RT Hi-Flo Cat and mid-pipe
Greddy bcc
HKS EZ-2 bc
Greddy 3 row FMIC
Apexi S-AFC

The car is a '93, 6-speed with about 30K on the clock. Mods seem comparable to yours.

#5 ·
Boost Me said:
It’s time for yet another dyno guesstimation question. So, I am finally finished with my BPU upgrades and I’m planning on going to the dyno very soon. So, I’ll post my supporting mods below. Anyone want to guess what RWHP and RWTQ it will make? Note: this is a ’93 TT 6-speed with 34,000 miles on the clock and dyno will be an in-ground Dyno Jet.

MVP Max Air Intake System
RMM 3” Down Pipe
Greddy BCC
Blitz SBC-ID III – tuned for ~21-22 PSI
Powerhouse Racing EGR Block-Off Plates
Waste Gate Spring Mod
Apex’i Twin Chamber BOV
110 octane fuel
stock exhaust?

#8 ·
Don't worry,

You'll be fine, I guarantee it. You're car has 67K less miles then mine, and I have had zero problems as far as reliability goes (other then I foul plugs from running too rich sometimes, but that is my own fault), and I am not easy on it by any means. The worst that can happen would be to blow off an intercooler hose and that is an easy fix-provided it is easy to get to. Did you tighten all of them? Other then that, you'll be good to go. I'd love to see what it will put down.

Steve K.

#9 ·
When my '95 6sp had about 34k miles on it, and about the same mods as you listed (including stock SMIC) except no wastegate spring mod and I still have the stock BOV and stock airbox with a TRD element, I dyno'd 435rwhp/455rwtq at 21/22psi. So you could do that or even better.

I never dyno'd at higher boost (like you could probably hold with the wastegate spring mod), but a few months after my dyno I set the Blitz SBCiD to 100/100 with high octane, a few street pulls got me up over 25.4 psi and it felt very noticeably stronger. I still do that once in a blue moon, but not regularly ...now mine has over 80k on the original stock twins and they still seem/sound fine and act "normal".

#15 ·
OK, so the guessing is over. This past Saturday I dynoed my now BPU ’93.5 Supra. All numbers are SAE corrected/smoothing on.

Run Conditions:
In Ground Dynojet
82.93 Degrees Fahrenheit
30.04 in-HG
Humidity: 8%
SAE: 0.98

Run #1: ~17-18 PSI Boost
MAX RWHP: 399.24
MAXRWTQ: 418.31

Run #2: ~18-19 PSI Boost
MAX RWHP: 402.02
MAXRWTQ: 429.39

Run #3: ~19-20 PSI Boost
MAX RWHP: 407.28
MAXRWTQ: 430.28

On to the next stage: :)
Greddy 3-Row FMIC
HKS SS BOV
Powerhouse Racing MAP ECU
Innovate Motorsports LM-1 Kit Type 2 – RPM

I was very satisfied with the power my car made and, quite honestly, surprised at the torque. So, any comments/suggestions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.