Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car has poor acceleration and sort of hesitates. The supra has 187k miles so its very high milage. There is also a CEL on. How can i check what codes are showing? Thanks

· Registered
13,982 Posts

· Registered
13,982 Posts
I guess I'll assume you read that link above but didn't notice it said how. Sometimes you have to read it more than once if that's what it takes to sink in:

"The ECM contains a built-in self-diagnosis system by which troubles with the engine signal network are detected and a malfunction indicator lamp on the instrument panel lights up."

"The diagnostic trouble code can be read by the number of blinks of the malfunction indicator lamp when TE1 and E1 terminals on the data link connector 1 or 2 are connected. When 2 or more codes are indicated, the lowest number (code) will appear first."

· Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry man. i read it. Im just wondering what exactly i need to use to connect terminals te1 and e1. Ive read somewhere you can use a paperclip to short them.

· Registered
13,982 Posts
No need to apologize, I wasn't trying to bust on you.

You're right, a paper clip, short piece of insulated wire with bare ends ...basically anything conductive that will short those two terminals together.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.