Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
93MSB,
how is the car comin? Any progress on the engine? I hope it all works out. I have a few questions regarding the nitrous. Do you think i can prevent that happening to my supra if i run the two stages at like 50 and 50 ...or even like 50 and 25? Besides that, is there anything else that i can do to prevent the engine from being damaged like that? What would you have done differently to prevent it if you could do it over again...thanks!
Dan

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One more question.....when you had the dual kit- is it that hard to change the level- like from 50 to 75 shot. What do you have to do to adjust them?

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
We just pulled the head off tonight and found the culprate. I have a 3mmx1mm hole in my #2 piston along with a 4-5mm chunk out of the top of #2. If I were to go back and do it all again (assuming i even would) i would not have sprayed such a large shot but a 50/50 would just seem like a waste of time to me. If i wasnt going to run over 100 i would just get a single stage kit. Another thing i would have done is an RPM window switch. Have the kit as fool proof as possible. The one thing i wish i would have done is visually checked to see if each solenoid was working after i had re-wired the kit. Im not positive but it may have been that one of my fuel solenoids wasnt working and i was spraying 150nitrous and 75fuel hence the hole in the piston. As far as adjusting the size of the spray its very simple. There is a small brass piece (the Jet or pill) that looks like a christmas tree and it slides inbetween the steel braided line and the nozzle and it only allows so much fuel and nitrous flow through. to change the size you just have to order bigger ones and replace te ones already in.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright- good deal...i think i will go with the 75/50 - that way it wont be too big of a waste. Thanks for the advice!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts