Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much boost/ Horsepower is the maximum I can achieve on 93octane gas??

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
The larger the turbo, you end up not making that much more power on pump gas. Larger turbos really shine at higher pressure.

A BPU you could probably run 16-17 psi without pulling that much timing.

On a single car, or aftermarket turbos, probably 20 psi is the limit, if you have the fuel system for it.

Edit: For horsepower, on pump, 500rwhp is pretty much the limit, if not a tiny bit higher.

·
Registered
132 Posts
What if I compare one big turbo to a smallerl turbo.. both running upgraded fuel, fmic, cams etc.. How much hp diffence but still running 93 pump?

·
Registered
967 Posts
There is a nice thread (it might be a sticky) regarding octane requirements for certain boost levels on the twins and for some singles, if you can find it, it will be a major help.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will2
The shop reports 575 hp @ 19lbs on pump gas so far. They still have to degree the staqggered cams, raise boost to 21-22 lbs, and final tune for pump, as well as a second map for VIP @ 30lbs. I expect to see an easy 600+ on pump I'll post graphs sometime next week if anyone is interested..

PTE 67/81
Greddy T-88 manifold
4" dp
Veilside Teardrop exhaust
Veilside Intake
Stock heads
Greddy 4-row
780 injectors
272/264 cams
AEM (finally found a good Unit AND Tuner..)
575 @ 19lbs pump so far, tuning incomplete

New dyno, after correcting some MAJOR mistakes in the fuel system.
610 hp @ 20lbs. Pump 93 , 11.5 a/r , Outside Temp 99 degrees , Humidity > 94%
Methanol and Race gas Tuning soon.... Thanks ALAMO MOTORSPORTS, for correcting the problems with the initial setup!

That's mine so far...... :)

·
Registered
831 Posts
I think it's a valid question, one I asked myself in the begining. If 600hp (my target based on similar questions) , was near the top, all I had to decide then was how to get to that figure w the best drivability, response, power under the curve, and cost efficiency without sacrificing long term reliablity( using a stock block).
Since I started work on my car (2yrs :( ) better solutions have become available including 3.2 and 3.4 strokers (@ reasonable cost), dual BB turbos, VVTI heads, ect. I think my next round of mods., I'll be shooting for 700whp on pump 93, with decent low and mid range response....
You just have to ask the basic questions first to get there, I think.

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,715 Posts
500-600 whp depending on the size of turbo, tune, supporting mods ect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts