Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been running the supra for several years above stock boost. Pushing average 15-18PSI Max. Transmission is still 100% stock. Anyways on to the issue. Was racing a WRX yesterday and held two lengths on it up to 140mph. When I hit 140ish noticed something wasn't right. It planted at 140 and wouldn't go any higher with boost sitting at 17PSI. Right away knew something had happened as I've had the supra up to 155 electronic cut several times. The transmission was in full auto mode.

On way home the issue developed into a shuttering and apparent block (erratic behavior) of power when entering boost. I've test driven to vehicle to try diagnose the problem. Can run through the RPM range with no issues until entering boost. Basically until a higher load is placed on the transmission it functions properly. What could be the cause of this? I'm really leaning towards failure of the torque converter. Any input would be great as I'm not sure how to isolate the exact issue. Thanks.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Stuttering and apparent block of power could be anything and not necessarily the transmission.

Can you explain how you were able to run through the RPM range with no issues, until entering boost? I cannot imagine you getting up to 4000 rpm with zero boost...

Do you have a wideband? Have you checked the AFR to see if all is fine?

Maybe one of the actuators/valves on the sequential system is acting up/siezed and in turn causing the car to run how it is.

Could be your spark plugs as well, if you're getting a lack of power/misfiring/etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts