850cc Injectors
HKS DLI
Tein SS Coil Overs
Polished Valve Covers
HorsePowerFreaks ACT Feramic Clutch
Black Seats with "Supra" Embroydered
Rebuilt 6-speed Transmission, less than 2K miles
(Jeff Watston/Champion Toyota)
Black Interior w/Supra Embroidered (Added since pics)

Recently had motor rebuilt and now motor has rod-knock. Cannot afford to put more $$ into car. Just found out I have a 2nd kiddo on the way. Need to sell ASAP.

**** $16,500 OBO *****

Shane
[email protected]

******** Will Post More Pictures This Weekend ****

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Banned
246 Posts
wow, i read this thinking "there is no way this is real" then went back and read about the hurt motor....still a damn good deal, considering you can get a new factory shortblock for 2k. would like to see some interior and motor shots, i may know somebody intrested

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hello everyone, I feel as though its my duty to those on supraforums to inform them that this car is in need of Major TLC. Shane and I had an agreement that I would purchase this car (for more than the advertised price) to help a brother out. He blew it up after the texas mile in october, and with the lack of funds, myself and another friend tried to salvage another shortblock so shane could have a running car.

After mixmatching parts, trying to get him up and running on the cheap, we failed. So the car sat. A new short was 2G$+ 1G$ for gaskets, bolts, fluids,etc. The funds just were not available. he needed out, and I offered to take it off his hands about a month ago, both of us knowing full well I would have to move some funds around to make it happen. No big deal, we agreed on a price and final payment (10k) date.

This post comes as a shock, and a slap in the face to me. I guess the common trend nowdays is to say one thing, and do another. No problem, no hurt feelings, its life.

This car needs the following to run right:

New shortblock
Turbo rebuild (shaftplay is in question)
new IC couplers, and some IC tubing
Tune
totally new fuel system from the pumps to the rail. (hoses frayed, pumps making questionable noises.)
New dash
new center console
new engine harness (it literally crumbles in your hands)
new clutch
trans is OK, nothing more
Paint is a 5/10
interior is a 4/10
Right front fender has been wacked, lacking VIN tag.

Ive been fucked buying cars out of state, and not knowing what I was getting. I want to make sure that people know if its too good to be true, it probably is.

Before anyone makes any "oh you're just butthurt or burned" comments- Let me make this clear: I daily a C6Z and have a 900 rwhp PT88 camaro as well as a lot of other toys. I was trying to help shane out. Plain and simple. Not getting this car is doing me a favor. He is in a pinch, and I completely understand that. I wish him the best of luck. Ask lots of questions. I budgeted 15k for repair and replacement of interior and exterior parts and a solid 6-9 months to restore it.

Louis

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Hello everyone, I feel as though its my duty to those on supraforums to inform them that this car is in need of Major TLC. Shane and I had an agreement that I would purchase this car (for more than the advertised price) to help a brother out. He blew it up after the texas mile in october, and with the lack of funds, myself and another friend tried to salvage another shortblock so shane could have a running car.

After mixmatching parts, trying to get him up and running on the cheap, we failed. So the car sat. A new short was 2G$+ 1G$ for gaskets, bolts, fluids,etc. The funds just were not available. he needed out, and I offered to take it off his hands about a month ago, both of us knowing full well I would have to move some funds around to make it happen. No big deal, we agreed on a price and final payment (10k) date.

This post comes as a shock, and a slap in the face to me. I guess the common trend nowdays is to say one thing, and do another. No problem, no hurt feelings, its life.

New shortblock
Turbo rebuild (shaftplay is in question)
new IC couplers, and some IC tubing
Tune
totally new fuel system from the pumps to the rail. (hoses frayed, pumps making questionable noises.)
New dash
new center console
new engine harness (it literally crumbles in your hands)
new clutch
trans is OK, nothing more
Paint is a 5/10
interior is a 4/10
Right front fender has been wacked, lacking VIN tag.

Ive been fucked buying cars out of state, and not knowing what I was getting. I want to make sure that people know if its too good to be true, it probably is.

Before anyone makes any "oh you're just butthurt or burned" comments- Let me make this clear: I daily a C6Z and have a 900 rwhp PT88 camaro as well as a lot of other toys. I was trying to help shane out. Plain and simple. Not getting this car is doing me a favor. He is in a pinch, and I completely understand that. I wish him the best of luck. Ask lots of questions. I budgeted 15k for repair and replacement of interior and exterior parts and a solid 6-9 months to restore it.

Louis

Hello everyone, I feel as though its my duty to those on supraforums to inform them that this car is in need of Major TLC. Shane and I had an agreement that I would purchase this car (for more than t
advertised price) to help a brother out.....he needed out, and I offered to take it off his hands about a month ago, both of us knowing full well I would have to move some funds around to make it happen. No big deal, we agreed on a price and final payment (10k) date.

Louis
We verbally agreed (through a mutual friend) that you would buy the car 2 months ago. You would give me payoff of $6,000 and I would wait for you to sell your Camaro to get the rest of the cash.

I never saw a single penny from you and, your Camaro is still not even posted up for sale... Since then, I have had to make 2 additional car and 2 additional insurance payments while I starve my family waiting for you to come through. Next week, the insurance and car payments are due again....
Oh yea, did I mention we just found out my wife is pregnate with our 2nd child?

New shortblock
Louis
Clearly stated in the ad.

Turbo Rebuild
Louis
Doesn't smoke, makes 30+psi...

new IC couplers/tubing
Louis
Car makes 30+ PSI. Somehow the air is making it from the turbo to the intake..

new engine harness
Louis
Even tho the harness is 15 years old, the AEM still communicates with ALL of the sensors NO PROB.

new fuel system
Louis
No leaks and car held 10.8 t0 11.0 AFR @ 30psi (TX Mile)

new clutch
Louis
The HPF Freamic is no Tilton. My only complaint with the clutch is that after several
back-to-back 0-160mph passes it gets a little notchy. THe clutch has NEVER SLIPPED even at 30+ psi...

tranny is O.K
Louis
Tranny has less than 2K miles on it after rebuild from Jeff WAtson at Champion Toyota in Houston. Trans is in EXCELLENT Condition

Paint is a 5/10
interior is a 4/10
Louis
Will take more detailed pictures today and post.

Right front fender has been wacked, lacking VIN tag
Louis
yes, Right front fender was replaced before I bought the car.

Louis
Thanks for looking out for me and my family Louis. We sure appreciate it. Maybe one day when I sell all of my assetts, pay everything off,and get food on the table, I can pay you to take me and my family for a ride in your new Z06.....I know, I know, a ride in the Z06 is pushing it...maybe one day we can afford a ride in the ol Camaro tho!

Anyway, there is nothing like a good friend to kick..I mean help you when times are tough.
Thanks again man!

Louis, stay out of my thread.

Shane

·
Registered
221 Posts
Did you read his post? It's a relative deal if you have certain things laying around, sounds like it needs mega loving.
So after you drop some pistons/rods in the motor, send the turbo to Precision for a billet wheel upgrade, and pick up a used wire harness-- you still have under 20k into a 6speed car.

Guys, keep in mind you are buying a car over 15 years old. There's enough aftermarket goodies to more than warrant the price he's asking. I see rollers for sale for 12-14k on here-- so why complain about a v160 and an aem ems for 2-3k more?

·
Registered
0 Posts
To bad its not on the east coast or I'd buy it even with all the problems addressed by both members. Good luck with your sale, I'm sure you'll get your asking price, and good luck in your personal life.

Chris

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.